Sign in to follow this  
catdancer

Open air market (WIP...Booth #5 & #6...Game play terrain...

post-11942-0-80411000-1368755727_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-82216300-1368755673_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-49267000-1368755625_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-48902300-1368755564_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-24124400-1368755524_thumb.jpg

Posted are booth #5 (Valiant Arms), a small weapons booth & booth #6 (Kissing Booth)...also posted is a small wooden stage for the required dancing girls at such an open air event. All are part of my farmers market & renaissance fair tabletop (RPG) game board for the shire.

Left to do are the addition of selected signs & standards.

A member asked me to add a miniature figure to the posting of my booths...so that is the reason for the miniature figures in the photos.

• Like 3

I really like your weapons display booth, however the booth with the young lady displaying her wares made me laugh out loud.

• Like 1

These are awesome dude.

What did u use to make. The stands themselves?

Edited by Girot
  • Like 1

These are awesome dude.

What did u use to make. The stands themselves?

All the stands are made out of scale lumber (wood); I use Glenn Craft, Superior, Midwest & Camino...all hard wood (no balsa wood).

All the stands are made out of scale lumber (wood); I use Glenn Craft, Superior, Midwest & Camino...all hard wood (no balsa wood).

That's the second time I've seen you make the distinction that you're using hardwood and not Balsa wood. Just out of curiousity may I ask why you feel that is important?

• Like 1

That's the second time I've seen you make the distinction that you're using hardwood and not Balsa wood. Just out of curiousity may I ask why you feel that is important?

I only make the distinction...in the event someone wishes to build something like what I am building and wants to finish it in the manner I had stated in a prior posting...balsa wood will not give the same results with the stain application followed by the dry brush & ink wash...so I make it clear to use hard wood.

I appreciate the precision in naming materials.

These are beautifully crafted. How did you make the nets and things on the kissing booth?

I thought the kissing booth was a puppet stage.

• Like 1

those are outstanding, and like Darsc, I LOLed at the kissing booth, well done!

• Like 1

These are beautifully crafted. How did you make the nets and things on the kissing booth?

Thank you for your comments...they are appreciated! I had not thought of the "puppet stage", but that is an excellent and possible idea!...The nets & things for the kissing booth are real fabric(s) & jewelry findings...I use the same process in making window curtains for selected windows in rooming houses.

those are outstanding, and like Darsc, I LOLed at the kissing booth, well done!

Since both Darsc & yourself got a laugh out of the (kissing booth)...you will get a kick out of the sign that will be posted for this booth:

KISSES...Quick Peck 1gp...Hot Lip Lock 2gp...Boob Smooch 3gp!

Pingo! I pondered your idea and did a few sketches of what a "puppet stage booth" might look like. The more I thought & sketched...the better I liked it. My friend, I give you full credit for the idea and am starting work on that booth. I will do a posting of it as soon as I get the basic booth done...Thank you for your remarks & I really appreciate your (and all the other feedback I have received on this project)!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rat13
      So my daughter just had her first birthday a couple weeks ago and while plenty of people showed up we did end up bringing home a lot of leftovers, dessert in particular. We had about a quarter of a sheet cake and a few cupcakes too. Those cupcakes in particular though had a little something extra, topping each one was a plastic ring. Well I have to admit I couldn't help myself and the wheels started turning.

After maybe a couple hours from start to finish my "Fabulous" guardsmen" now have a "Fabulous" barricade/firing line. With its very large coverage I think this piece may be better suited to Killteam than 40K though.
    • By odinsgrandson
      Here is our current adventuring party for Iron Kingdoms.  We started a new campaign shortly after Reapercon, so I was able to make use of several of the convention minis.
      This party is quite an odd mix of races.  Lately, I've been quite fond of having a semi-cohesive color pallet for our adventuring parties.  The last one I did was all in cold blues, so with this one I went for a very warm pallet.

Lil is an investigator who 'secretly' is a Thamar Advocate.  She's just the stock mini of the vampire hunter from Reapercon (by Bob Ridolfi)

This Pygmie Troll is very fond of hitting things and also alcohol.  He was made by resculpting the head and hands from the Jason Weibe's Dwarf Brewmaster (07015)

Our resident Bone Grinder was made from Bobby Jackson's River Widow (03913).  I only made superficial changes to her (adding a few extra bone-grindy items to her belt).
      ]

For our Trollkin Axe Flinger, it turns out that we already had the perfect mini.  This is the version from the Undercity Board Game.

This Outcast Skorne Bushwacker/Warlock was made by simply head swapping a Malifaux rifleman.

This Lazy Cyclopes (under the command of the Warlock) was a sculpt that I made quite a few years ago.  I showed it off to several sculptors at Gencon, and they all gave me some pointers on things that I could improve on.  Still, I was fond enough of him that I decided to paint him up.

• By Rat13
      Awhile ago I came across a terrain tutorial video about building barrels and thought I'd give it a go. After the initial steps of collecting water bottle/soda lids, gluing them together, and even priming them the project came to a halt. Well after a couple months of staring at a bag of primed bottle caps I finally got back to work. 

The next step in the build was to create an actual lid/opening in the top of the barrel. This required two pieces; it needed a small bead and a slightly larger round piece to glue the bead onto (in the tutorial the builder used small wooden discs they found at a craft store). I knew that my wife already had plenty of beads that would be perfect but that small round disc had me stumped.

That's when I finally remembered that inside my wife's craft bin she had a hole punch. Since I started basing my models and began building a little terrain I've been collecting a lot of random household brick a brack, including baby formula tins and lids. You know where I'm going with this and I think the picture speaks for itself.

Now that I finally had all the pieces I began gluing the discs and beads to the top of the barrels. After a little gunmetal grey I'm pretty impressed with how good they look and how quick they can be made (quick provided you don't spend too much time thinking about a single piece). I placed some Games Workshop barrels behind them for comparison. 

I'm pretty sure this build came from Terrain Tutorial but I'm not positive (I did see the video quite a while ago). Either way I just want to say this wasn't my idea at all, I simply followed the steps I happened to remember from a youtube video I watched so long ago that I can't remember who did it. I'm grateful however for this simple and cheap terrain and will be making a ton of them over the next few days.
    • By rainman1
      This question sounds pretty stupid, but I don't know how.

• By Valygar Corthala
      I have noticed that for many of the miniatures for sale the models can be seen holding different weapons if there are multiple pictures. A good example is this cleric pictured with a hammer, sword, and mace in different pictures. https://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/03427

I am wondering if this mini comes with all 3 weapons which can be changed once purchased/ just one weapon and there is a way to choose which one you want/ these are modifications that have been made by users to the base miniature.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • Who's Online   40 Members, 0 Anonymous, 392 Guests (See full list)