A history video for Doctor Who fans

This is the best offically BBC sanctioned fan-made video of clips from Doctor Who I've ever seen.

It's by someone called Babelcolour. There is literally something from every episode through 2011 (yes, even the lost ones). The music is a witty mix of the Doctor Who theme and "Sweet Dreams Are Made of This" (they call it "Whorythmics"). And the sound clips are marvelous.

EDIT: My link was wonky. Please scroll down to post #3, where Argentee kindly put in a working link.

The link may be a little funny. My ipad refuses to let me watch Youtube on Safari, instantly bouncing me to a special Youtube app which will not let me copy the web address of where to get it. But I got to this video by first linking to its comments page, which seems to have bypassed that particular annoying feature, at least temporarily. Until I tried to reload the window, whereupon I had to play "Load Safari and try to close that window in the split second before it loads the Youtube app instead. Close Youtube and repeat until you are fast enough."

I hate the ipad Safari Youtube policy.

Edited by Pingo

This is the best offically BBC sanctioned fan-made video of clips from Doctor Who I've ever seen.

It's by someone called Babelcolour. There is literally something from every episode through 2011 (yes, even the lost ones). The music is a witty mix of the Doctor Who theme and "Sweet Dreams Are Made of This" (they call it "Whorythmics"). And the sound clips are marvelous.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=iN5jPQdJXYE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DiN5jPQdJXYE

The link may be a little funny. My ipad refuses to let me watch Youtube on Safari, instantly bouncing me to a special Youtube app which will not let me copy the web address of where to get it. But I got to this video by first linking to its comments page, which seems to have bypassed that particular annoying feature, at least temporarily. Until I tried to reload the window, whereupon I had to play "Load Safari and try to close that window in the split second before it loads the Youtube app instead. Close Youtube and repeat until you are fast enough."

I hate the ipad Safari Youtube policy.

It won't let me open it on my desktop so I'd say it's More than just a little funny.

I'm running 64bit win7 and updated firefox.

Bless you, Argentee, and thanks.

And ... hey, I can watch it here without being catapulted into the Youtube app. Yay!

I think that's two seconds of footage per episode. Great fun, anyhow.

• Like 1

Great video. There's still quite a few of the early ones I've not seen yet, mostly Colin Baker stuff.

I was in a BBC video with the Eleventh Doctor*

*by which I mean a short BBC news piece for their website when Matt Smith was at the MCM Comic Con in London last October and they interviewed him about it, I was the only person they interviewed on it where they used my name and age. It's cringingly embarrasing.

• Like 2

Looks like I started watching in the early '70's, watched off and on for about 10 years, stopped, and have now been watching since the last 3 doctors.

I kinda miss those early episodes. I don't remember them being as disturbing as some of the more current ones have been.

Looks like I started watching in the early '70's, watched off and on for about 10 years, stopped, and have now been watching since the last 3 doctors.

I kinda miss those early episodes. I don't remember them being as disturbing as some of the more current ones have been.

Two words:

Peking Homunculus.

Old Who had plenty of nightmare fuel.

That was fun.

I wish the older stuff would come back on TV, I'd like to rewatch it but don't fancy buying several tons of DVD's.

I would be willing to buy the old stuff on DVD if they came out in reasonable sets, reasonably priced. Instead, they don't release seasons, just a single serial and charge an arm and a leg for them.

The same is true for the new stuff, it is way overpriced. I just checked amazon.ca, the first three seasons of nuWho on DVD cost $79.99, $79.99 and $98.77 in Canada. At 13 episodes per season that is just insane. They don't even include the Christmas specials with the seasons, they are a whole other set of DVDs you need to buy. You can pick up DVDs of 22 episode per season shows for less than half that usually. I mean I bought Stargate: Atlantis, all five seasons, new on blu-ray for $79.09. That's 100 episodes, or approximately how many episodes there are in all seven seasons plus specials of the rebooted Doctor Who.

And yes, in case anyone was wondering, I am bitter about it. I would love to have a complete collection of Doctor Who DVDs sitting alongside all my other genre shows. I have compete series of Smallville, Batttlestar Galactica, Stargate SG-1, Andromeda, Buffy, Angel, Chuck, etc., etc. I even have Buck Rogers!