50178: Andre Durand, Time Chaser

MonkeySloth

This is the last of the character minis from my Iron Kingdoms RPG that I decided to finish up. The original mini was Andre Durand from the Chronoscape line but I swapped out both hands with guns from the Deadlands weapon pack and added a hat from the Wyrd games hat pack.

The colors are a bit different as my friend, who this is for, as a type of color blindness so I painted things based off what I thought he could see after some research and talking to him.

The coat's highlights are a bit weak and there's a tad too much orange in the base (might go back and add some more pigments) but overall not a bad piece for the time spent.

post-6838-0-61855200-1369106138_thumb.jpg

As always comments are welcome.

Edited by MonkeySloth
  • Like 20

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For my friend. It's actually Vallejo Elf Skin shaded with a blue to give more contrast. I have been told it looks like skin so that's what's important. The nice thing with this experiment is I've used some colors I wouldn't have and quite like the results such as the skin. Sure it's not a normal human skin tone but as and undead one it's pretty cool.

@Psyber thanks. I thought the hat was too large but I wanted a bowler or something that gunslingers actually wore. But when you're doing someone's character to mod and paint them up to what they want. Reaper's hat pack's cowboy hat is actually smaller then this one and I really couldn't find anything bigger without chopping up another mini.

@Inarah Not to far where I live the ground is red but I wasn't aware that it would actually be orange somewhere--that's pretty cool. I seen some cool basing where orange, reds and yellows are used but I was trying to go for something my friend might see if a normal vision person went to southern Utah.

@youwashock I've got a bunch of deadlands books but have never played. One of these days I will.

@Inarah Not to far where I live the ground is red but I wasn't aware that it would actually be orange somewhere--that's pretty cool. I seen some cool basing where orange, reds and yellows are used but I was trying to go for something my friend might see if a normal vision person went to southern Utah.

This photo is from inside Bryce Canyon NP, in Utah. Red and orange aren't hard to find in that area.

This photo is from inside Bryce Canyon NP, in Utah. Red and orange aren't hard to find in that area.

It's been a while since I've been down there but ya things can get a bit oranger then I remember. I've mostly go down just to the St George area and it's more red.

I love that tunic, the light effect on it is subtle and amazing.

Thanks. When I paint for gaming pieces I sometimes exaggerate some colors or highlights to make things stand out from a distance. I was worried that the blue would be too strong in the photos but It came out looking pretty good.