I'm one of those that took Nethyrmaul and passed on Kaladrax. After hearing that Nethy was reduced in size I was at first dissapointed, but thinking about all the stuff I'm going to be getting from the kickstarter is quickly getting me over it. From what I understand Nethy is still going to be big and I just love the sculpt.

Going through my Vampire box last night I was a bit overwhelmed with number of minis and trying to sort them. It was hard to decide what pile to put some in because I had no clue what they were. How are the rest of you with your sets doing this? Do you know the Reaper line so well you can spot a mini and name it from 500 yards away?

• Like 1

not really.. I use http://greg.botch.com/bones/ the Preview gallery and the post with SKUs

I started with the easy ones: vermin, dungeon attack, hordes, fire and haunts and got them out of the way (sandwich sized zip lock bags are great for this).. I also started a larger bag for the 'Original 30' and put minis that were singles or pairs (storm giants, griffon, owlbear, etc) in their own large bag. after that its a matter of choosing which sets to focus on. I loosely organize them as I sort through them. Chronoscope/zombie hunters pile.. heroes pile.. dwarves pile. etc

I've still got a good chunk left, but I got through 75% or so before I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.

not really.. I use http://greg.botch.com/bones/ the Preview gallery and the post with SKUs

Yeah I have seen the image map and just found the link for the preview gallery yesterday. My problem was there are so many and to pull one out of the pile and then try to find it on one of the pages was going to be time consuming. I will try doing the quick run through and just sort the ones I can tell what they are (rats, goblins, inanimate objects, etc...) and then run through trying to locate the ones i am not able to determine the pile they belong in.

I did not look on the bottoms of them last night. Are the SKUs under there anywhere?

I didnt look either but I dont think so.. I went bag by bag.. a lot of the stuff is all in the same bag or close to.. my George Zombies were separate from my undead horde, but the rest of them were all in the same bag. I'd find something liek 3 of the dwarves in one bag and all the NOVA corp except the Sgt in one bag..

Do you know the Reaper line so well you can spot a mini and name it from 500 yards away?

My eyesight isn't what it used to be, so 500 yds might be tough, but otherwise...yeah. :lol: Granted one of my primary duties when working the booth at conventions is being a living figure finder.

I just tossed them back into the box once I'd done inventory, washed and boiled them. I'm just fishing them out when I want one.

Edited by fanguad

is it wrong to be excited to be able to sort them when they come in? I know I can pull them out one by one and separate them by stretch goals. Then when I'm all done sorting, I'll dump them all back in the box. And do it all over again. (I have a secret shame: I love organizing stuff) (I've had friends tell me to stop alphabetizing their movies!)

• Like 1

I took 2 days to sort my box.

eventually it got sorted into the case that I bought with the KS.

layer 1: stuff I want to paint, or think I will use in the next campaign I run.

layer 2: stuff I want to paint right away

layer 3: stuff i don't really want to paint, but will eventually

there is some floating between the layers.

Still in box: stuff I don't want to paint, just don't want at all (chronoscape) and stuff too big for the case, even after combining 2 slots.

Edited by Evilhalfling

is it wrong to be excited to be able to sort them when they come in? I know I can pull them out one by one and separate them by stretch goals. Then when I'm all done sorting, I'll dump them all back in the box. And do it all over again. (I have a secret shame: I love organizing stuff) (I've had friends tell me to stop alphabetizing their movies!)

I already have a spreadsheet ready, with columns indicating SKU, name, minis-per-unit, units ordered (broken down into partials if the KS set includes 2 of something that normally comes in 3s), units received, units painted and indicators for level of interest in the particular figure (to be filled in as I sort the package). I will have an organization field day when everything arrives.

Going through my Vampire box last night I was a bit overwhelmed with number of minis and trying to sort them. It was hard to decide what pile to put some in because I had no clue what they were. How are the rest of you with your sets doing this? Do you know the Reaper line so well you can spot a mini and name it from 500 yards away?

Well, from 500 yards away I couldn't even see it, but no, I can't identify all them on sight.

My plan is to sort them into bags as I check them off the picture list I made (printed out the KS picture). They'll be sorted roughly by type into ziplock baggies.

I already have a spreadsheet ready, with columns indicating SKU, name, minis-per-unit, units ordered (broken down into partials if the KS set includes 2 of something that normally comes in 3s), units received, units painted and indicators for level of interest in the particular figure (to be filled in as I sort the package). I will have an organization field day when everything arrives.

a spreadsheet? one single spreadsheet? pfsh! small-timer! My "Minis" .xls file has 5 worksheets, then another word .doc for Reaper Triads.

But I have to ask how do you quantify interest?

My minis spreadsheet has 43 sheets. Separate sheets for each PPM release, plus a summary sheet that adds it all up.

The Bones sheet includes SKU, name, qty, MSRP, street price, which KS group it was in, sculptor, KS add-on prices (and metal equiv price), and current trades. I started another sheet just for Reaper paint.