Preview Gallery

Don't forget that Kaladrax's size was a happy mistake and that Nethyrrmaul's size was reduced as result. I've seen the original green of Nethyrmaul (and a couple of masters cast from it); it's enormous. Who knows - we may yet see a full-sized Nethy. :ph34r:

That's interesting.

I knew about the Kaladrax mistake and that it was due to a misunderstanding over the requested measurement, but this is the first I've heard of a size reduction in the final Nethy mini.

If true, that makes me a bit sad, only a bit though, as its still a honking big dragon.

::):

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I learned about it at Reapercon: When Kaladrax got blown up to massive proportions the model went way over budget. In order to keep the overall project on budget Nethyrmaul was reduced in size. The full-sized skull is about the length of my palm from nose to horn-tip. There was an idea (and I stress that an idea is all it was) being tossed around during Reapercon of releasing full-sized resin versions in a limited run.

• Like 1

This is what I learned about it at Reapercon: When Kaladrax got blown up to massive proportions the model went way over budget. In order to keep the overall project on budget Nethyrmaul was reduced in size.

That makes little sense since Kaladrax would have been ordered in much larger quantities due to its much lower price point. That would be a kick in the pants to those who paid the significant amount extra to get Nethyrmaul.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5554/htzvl.jpg

htzvl.jpg

Edited by scorpio616

Significant amount extra? 25 USD extra for the 'maul in the kickstarter is not in any way a siginificant cost.

Or do you mean something else?

Nethyrmaul was two and a half times as expensive as Kaladrax, and people paid that much under the impression that it would be significantly bigger. It's still a significant savings over retail, but I can see how people would be upset.

Significant amount extra? 25 USD extra for the 'maul in the kickstarter is not in any way a siginificant cost.

Or do you mean something else?

Nethyrmaul was two and a half times as expensive as Kaladrax, and people paid that much under the impression that it would be significantly bigger. It's still a significant savings over retail, but I can see how people would be upset.

I can't help but think that two and a half times sounds bad, but $25 compared to $10 does not.

But I am biased in this matter. In the Bones Kickstarter I passed on Nethyrmaul, to my regret, but ordered Kaladrax, with which I am satisfied.

I find the Nethyrmaul sculpt beautiful in its line and forms, not just a great miniature but a work of art in and of itself. Kaladrax is a fine figure, but I think Nethyrmaul is superior as sculpture. I hope people who got Nethyrmaul will not feel ill used because they paid more for it than those who got Kaladrax paid for that.

• Like 2

As near as I can tell the green neth picture doesn't look that much bigger than the bones version pictures look. Maybe someday there will be a side by side shot of them.

The $10 vs $25 makes sense regardless of size. To my understanding Kaladrax was always meant to be under priced as a thank you for getting the pledge amount that high where as the $25 for Neth was meant to fall in at roughly half retail like they were aiming for with all the options.