Preview Gallery

Joe Wells is winning the "Sheldon Cooper Award".

I may do a spreadsheet that will let me have the name and an ID number I put on the bottom of the mini just so I remember the name of each one. I have done enough spreadsheets for tracking the Mage Knight minis I never played and how much they are worth. Lucky for me...I don't remember how much they cost me at the time I bought them.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My minis spreadsheet has 43 sheets. Separate sheets for each PPM release, plus a summary sheet that adds it all up.

The Bones sheet includes SKU, name, qty, MSRP, street price, which KS group it was in, sculptor, KS add-on prices (and metal equiv price), and current trades. I started another sheet just for Reaper paint.

well played, friend. well played

Edited by DLMyst

is it wrong to be excited to be able to sort them when they come in? I know I can pull them out one by one and separate them by stretch goals. Then when I'm all done sorting, I'll dump them all back in the box. And do it all over again. (I have a secret shame: I love organizing stuff) (I've had friends tell me to stop alphabetizing their movies!)

I already have a spreadsheet ready, with columns indicating SKU, name, minis-per-unit, units ordered (broken down into partials if the KS set includes 2 of something that normally comes in 3s), units received, units painted and indicators for level of interest in the particular figure (to be filled in as I sort the package). I will have an organization field day when everything arrives.

a spreadsheet? one single spreadsheet? pfsh! small-timer! My "Minis" .xls file has 5 worksheets, then another word .doc for Reaper Triads.

But I have to ask how do you quantify interest?

The KS was my introduction to minis, so it's just my starting point. Interest is a fairly arbitrary 1-9 value, with 1, 5 and 9 being designated as "not interested" (sci-fi) and 9 being "HOLY MOTHER OF BOB THIS IS AWESOME" (demons). The other values allow variation between the extremes and will be labeled as needed.

My minis spreadsheet has 43 sheets. Separate sheets for each PPM release, plus a summary sheet that adds it all up.

The Bones sheet includes SKU, name, qty, MSRP, street price, which KS group it was in, sculptor, KS add-on prices (and metal equiv price), and current trades. I started another sheet just for Reaper paint.

Crap. I forgot that I included price paid (no MSRP unless that's what I paid) and source. For addons, it's detailed, but for Vampire, they're all lumped together, and the price per mini is based on the $100/total minis idea. If I decide to go all out, I suppose I could bring in MSRP, get the total MSRP for all Vampire minis, derive the percentage of the total that each accounts for and base my "actual" cost on the $100 spent, but I'd have to be really bored and have a stash of good beer to help pass the time. Looks like I'll have that done this weekend.

• Like 1

Seriously, I've been looking forward to this for months. But all I've been able to do is push data around in a spreadsheet.

Care to share it so that I can compare it to my spreadsheet? Mine is only 21 pages so far.

I never even considered a connection to the name of the "Sherlock" actor.

After looking at the sculpt again the face and style of clothing, even without a scarf, still puts me more in mind of Tom Baker than anyone else.

I still can't figure out what he's holding in his hand though.

Looks like a calling card, such as an old-timey doctor would use.

Pity it isn't a little bit closer to either Benadryl Cabbagepatch or Tom Baker; it isn't quite close enough to be either one as-is.

EDIT: A scarf would help either way.

Edited by Slendertroll

I have not done a single spreadsheet! I pretty much just remember which mini's I want and which I have :)

I have, on the other hand, graphed the extra cost of shipping+tax for possible sums in the reaper store tho. That ought to count!