Sign in to follow this  
Thrym

Ral Partha: Frost Giant

The "ice" base is plastic that's been cut with a rotary tool and covered with a sand painted white with some "snow" crystals about his feet.

I've been a fan of blue skinned frost giants for years, so when I painted this gentleman quite some time ago I wanted him to have this dark blue face with white hair with some blonde in his beard.

I stuck to a "seal" color for his paints and gauntlets. The rest of him is fairly basic coloring.

post-7739-0-12106400-1369191222_thumb.jpgpost-7739-0-18101500-1369191235_thumb.jpg

post-7739-0-86044600-1369191247_thumb.jpgpost-7739-0-65885700-1369191266_thumb.jpg

post-7739-0-55883500-1369191308_thumb.jpgpost-7739-0-84995400-1369191323_thumb.jpg

As always C&C welcome.

• Like 6

He looks great, though the blue skin and the way the yellow blonde circles his face, I was immediatly reminded of the Celts who painted their faces with wode and put lime in their hair for battle.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stormbreach
      Hi all.  I may have finished this guy in record time.  I am trying this new thing where when I want to stop and get up from my desk... I don't .  This is a bugbear that I just primed with a couple others even though I didn't really have any strong feelings about him.  But as I started working on him I started to get more excited, which is something that's been happening to me more now.  I just start a mini to get more stuff painted and end up liking the job.  I have started to put more effort into highlighting because I got a nudge here on the forums and I am so glad I did.  I really like the work I did on his armour, bringing the scales up to a brighter orange and ticking the edges with silver to make it look like the orange was paint wearing off.  In person he really glitters with that silver, something that didn't quite come across in the picture.  I like the highlighting I did with his skin and loincloth and also the silver rivets on the arm and shin guards.  I hope you all like him too!

• By Brianuk
      Loved these minis from the Kickstarter. I thought they would be taller but still enjoyed painting them. These are nearly done, I just need to highlight again and then tidy up all the things I ignore on smaller models because they don't show up... 

Also need to do a snow effects base. 

• By planetmut
      Keith is very happy that he joined the Cult of the Obsidian Otter. He's met lots of like-minded people, he's getting plenty of fresh air and all that axe-swinging is building his upper body strength.

And the fact he can't get She Sells Sanctuary out of his head is just a bonus.

• By Pochi
      I haven't posted for a bit but I have been painting. I have been painting mostly for D&D but some just because they are fun models. Luckily, the two cross over quite a bit so I get to paint fun models for D&D!

I painted up these little goblins. I have the other 6 waiting to be painted. For these, I decided little greenskins. They are so cute!

• By PurpleLlama
      I haven’t posted in a while.  Been mostly painting terrain for the past 8 months or so.  Finally getting back to some minis.

So I picked up the Wizkids frost giant last fall to paint up as Harashnag for my Storm Kings Thunder campaign.  He had been sitting around for a while and I finally got a chance to get him painted.  

The right arm actually wasn’t glued in very well so I was able to paint with it out of the way for the most part.  As usual with these Wizkids pre-primes, I didn’t clean up any mold lines though I probably should have this time around.  C&C welcome!

• Who's Online   37 Members, 5 Anonymous, 208 Guests (See full list)