Sign in to follow this  
redambrosia

Savage Dragon Conversion

My brother in law made a pathfinder character which looks like savage dragon, and of course there are no savage dragon minis. So he requested one of me.

Goldar ended up being a great mini for him, just added a fin (which I've been getting practice at), switched out his axe for a spear, and added a naga head to his belt. Whatever species the character is worships nagas, and his guy is evil, so he killed one and carries it around as a trophy.

Unfortunately the camera washed out the colour on him. The green is much brighter, and has more highlights, and the naga head is a bit grayer. Cause it's dead and decayed.

savdragon1.JPG
savdragon2.jpg

Comments, critique, suggestions all appreciated. Before I send it to Wyoming.

• Like 8

Actually a SD line was made. I've got SD & Dart (the white/silver female dart thrower). I'm not sure if they made more in the line. I can't remember exactly who the did the line but I got em from Mega Minis at the time, way way back..

I'll have to dig that SD up but it look like this, minus the Heroscape base. It has a integrated metal square base to him

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f60/Doc_Savage/Heroscape%20game%20pics/SavageDragonPic.jpg

Great conversion thou, love the head fin.

RM

Savage Dragon was always great. I got into it around 2007-ish, when my FLCS guy handed me a copy of the first TPB. After reading it, I spent the next few months buying all the rest that were available. At the time though, Erik Larsen was still the publisher for Image and the TPBs were years behind the singles at the time. I don't think they've caught up yet to this day, actually.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By nervisfr
      hey guys,

Started from that big guy (a LOTR figurine) ;

With a Grenadier 28mm for comparison scale 

then after a chirurgical action ;

Cheers
      Eric
    • By Brianuk
      Nearly finished with this mini, a male necromancer that I have converted to a female with a head swap. The mini is like a fishing weight, really heavy, and the flow of the robes and skirts in my view helps this look OK as a gender swap. Also, the original Callus mini has a long sculpted pony tail which would have been hard to file off but was easy to connect to. 

I have no idea how I got a large hard to disguise paint blot on the scroll... 

• By Mocha
      Hi folks,

My very first snow base! I haven't attempted Non-Metallic Metal on a shield like this before and I'm happy with how it's turned out :)

Thanks,
      Mocha
    • By Inarah
      I constructed this in the 2018 Bones Mash-up at Reapercon.  The wings do not go with the body, and one of the arms is not original.  I forget what the weapon was but I cut it off the bone handle and added a wicked looking blade from my bits box.  He was kind of boring all in grey and white, so I added a dab of blood, and put some orange into his bat wings.   He's on a Secret Weapon base that has added sand to fill in weird gaps. 

• By rubegon
      I got this mini in the Mini Painting 101 class at ReaperCon.  This was our first ReaperCon - my wife and I took the class together.  I’d painted about a dozen minis (badly) for D&D before going to RC.

I like this sculpt, and I wanted to work on improving my basic painting skills.  I decided to keep working on her to see how far I can go.

I’ve spent an embarrassingly large amount of time on her already.  I do feel like I’m learning a lot though and getting better at controlling my brush and getting paint consistency right.

I broke out one of the good brushes I had bought and not touched - a da Vinci Maestro.  I still feel unworthy to use it but maybe it will help me get better.

I’ve done a lot of work on the red armor already, but still need to do some more highlighting.  I think I might have overdone the highlights on the green ropes in some places.  I was planning to glaze them down and redo a bit smaller.

Thanks for taking a look.  I would greatly appreciate any feedback or tips on what I can improve on the parts I’ve worked on already.

Here she is so far - she looks a lot better if you squint.

• Who's Online   26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 169 Guests (See full list)