Newbie here to painting and trying to come up with a list of things to get so I take care of supplies and do things right. Posts like this are what I am looking for and will be adding this brush cleaner to my list of supplies. Thanks!

I've been wondering. Are people aware that Master's brush soap is available in a huge tub as well as those itty bitty cakes?

You can get 24 oz. of Master's brush soap soap in a big plastic tub. If you go through a lot of soap it's economical.

The only problem I ever had with it is that the lid was of a different type of plastic than the tub, kind of brittle, and cracked pretty early on.

On the other hand, minis painters seem to use supplies on a whole different scale than what I'm used to, so maybe a half-ounce cake is sufficient.

Just get the Masters Brush soap for now. Cleaner is for restoring brushes.

Good to know since the Hobby Lobby only has the Brush Soap. I will pick it up instead for now and look to see what kind of brushes they have available from the list I have seen of good brushes to use.

Just get the Masters Brush soap for now. Cleaner is for restoring brushes.

Good to know since the Hobby Lobby only has the Brush Soap. I will pick it up instead for now and look to see what kind of brushes they have available from the list I have seen of good brushes to use.

My local HL does not have any good brushes. It's sad.

Not sure if mine does since I have not gone. They may not have the Brush Soap after all. I just looked again online and all I see is Masters Hand Soap. I think there are a few hobby places around and maybe even some art shops I can check before i go looking to order stuff online.

I've been wondering. Are people aware that Master's brush soap is available in a huge tub as well as those itty bitty cakes?

You can get 24 oz. of Master's brush soap soap in a big plastic tub. If you go through a lot of soap it's economical.

The only problem I ever had with it is that the lid was of a different type of plastic than the tub, kind of brittle, and cracked pretty early on.

On the other hand, minis painters seem to use supplies on a whole different scale than what I'm used to, so maybe a half-ounce cake is sufficient.

I haven't gone through a whole 1/2oz cake in years. Itty bity brushes need less soap.

• Like 3

This may be a stupid question, but my local hobby store only has the brush restorer, not the soap. Can I get by using just the restorer? Or should I buy some of the soap as well?

The restorer can be rough on brushes for regular use. Michael's carries it though. Also HL carries Pink Soap which is okay. I'm not a huge fan of it because it doesn't seem to work as well.

I'm only just about to start on my third tub of the smaller size Masters soap after almost 10 years of painting. And I used to clean my brushes a lot, I've cut down on that a bit for fear I'm wearing them out too quickly.