Impressive use of earth tones, and a nice evocation of sunbleached blonde hair. I also like her fierce expression. Good job with the eyes.

• Like 3

Oooh, nice one! The eyes are good (grrr, angry cave girl), and I really like the way you did the mouth too (grrr, gritted teeth).

• Like 2

Why not drill and paint one of the resin inserts that came with the Babes and sit her on it for photos?

Also don't forget to share her over on the Bombshell forums! (It needs more than Trystan, InnerGeek & me posting ;))

She looks great though, good clear distinction of very similar colours.

• Like 2

I like the way you've done her hair as well. I really think the muted tones look well together because they fit the character of the sculpt. Also that is one wicked club she's weilding.

• Like 1

Beautiful, love the color palette and you got good definition even then.

Love the hair and the eyes look great!

• Like 1

Absolutely love the limited earth tone pallette. Almost like looking at a sepia photograph.

Edited by KruleBear
  • Like 1

Great job! The skin tones work well, and the time spent on the eyes were worth it. I assume you we're trying to make them match her angry expression? The overall palette is very nice, too, and her hair is nicely done.

• Like 1

Also don't forget to share her over on the Bombshell forums! (It needs more than Trystan, InnerGeek & me posting ;))

Good idea, and done!

Great job! The skin tones work well, and the time spent on the eyes were worth it. I assume you we're trying to make them match her angry expression? The overall palette is very nice, too, and her hair is nicely done.

The eyes I was initially trying to do DKS style, with blue irises. Hah. Then I scrapped that and was shooting for a defined pupil/iris conglomeration that was a) aligned b) NOT INSANE and c) white on three sides to show how she was looking slightly up in anger. Also, kind of evolving the usual black line style so I can get practice defining a shape and get comfortable with that...then take the next step in DKS style eyes. That's really why I spent so much time on it, that was the 'level up' of this project.

To add to the anger, I pushed the effect I had with Laurana, exaggerated the furrowed brow highlight (easy on this sculpt, thanks Patrick!) and drew the cheek highlight down a bit to exaggerate the creases beside the mouth. I was also going to paint the teeth closer to Martin's job (parted), but was heavy handed and liked how it made her look really pissed to have her teeth clenched but also bared so widely.

In high school I used to draw comics and that face is almost an exact replica of 90% of my 'angry metal dude' faces :) The trick will be if you ever see me paint something NOT angry!

The hair, I got the effect as far as the color. Basically me in 1988 when I was working road construction and my blond hair bleached out (remember Sun In?). But the highlights did get away from me as far as defining the hair better.

Edited by CashWiley
  • Like 1

I like her. Though you really should have moved some of that dark brown in the boots up to the clothing as it's really hard to separate the skin from her dress--especially with the background also being nothing but browns and yellows as well. The contrast on the shoulder strap are perfectly done in this regard but the rest really doesn't have the contrast needed to make it distinguishable from the skin.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Jetpacks! The dieselpunk / pulp accessory every high-flying hero needs! 
      The beautifully retro twin-turbine jetpacks from Bombshell are gorgeous and also come in a pack of five for less than the cost of one of their regular Babes or Counterblast crew. That's the sort of savings I can get behind! And now those same savings are getting behind my aeronautically-inclined pulp miniatures, where the posture permits.

First up is 50107, Afterburn. I made him a pulp-era Iron Man type, but of course repulsor technology was not as developed back in the '30s as it was in the 21st century. Solution: Jetpack. 

The vivid colors are great, but there's something to be said for classic unadorned silver as well. And my Zeppelin crew needed an upgrade as well as a good dose of wash for their uniforms. I made sure that this jetpack on Dieter used blue-green Mad Science rather than flames, as traditional fossil-fuel jets don't play nicely with dirigibles.

Artizan has a good selection of Sky Pirates which I augmented with judiciously-chosen Reaper figures, but--shockingly!--no personal propulsion devices. I figured any jetpacks they would have would be second-hand at best, so this Sky Pirate gets a rusted, battered version. 

And we'll finish with 50158, Grant Dylan. Not quite Iron-Man red and gold, but a good bronze-and-copper tone works for this flying ace. 
      NOTE TO IMPRESSIONABLE READERS: Grant Dylan is a *professional.* Wearing a scarf as well as a jetpack is STRONGLY contraindicated for amateurs and dilettantes. 

And that still leaves us with another pack for future use! Keep watching the skies, cadets!
    • By HolkDiggity
      Hey, all! This year, I'm taking part in as many parts of ReaperCon's MSPOpen that I can while still narrowly holding on to my sanity. The first of these is a small diorama, (my first ever,) for Bombshell Miniatures.

Since this is my first, I've decided to go with a relatively simple story: While venturing along an escarpment, a heavy-armored priestess is waylaid by a spinning, blade wielding half-orc. I began by cutting some foam to build up the earth behind the cliff face, and then used some plaster molds to cast the face and the large rock buried in the ground. Next, I covered everything with Vallejo's White Pumice and Wet Ground pastes, and then added additional stones. Once this was dry, I primed the whole thing in white.

Once the primer was dry, I used a mix of Reaper acrylics and GW washes to paint the base. I didn't go overboard on the dirt, since most of it will be covered by grass and other detritus. For the stone, I made sure to use a healthy mix of greys, greens, oranges, browns, purples. I then lightly dry brushed the stone in sandy tan and again in tan closer to white. Once the paint was dry, I sealed the base in anticipation of the next phase.

• By Rigel
      Couldn't resist a Bombshell sale, and I've had my eye on Gillie here for a while. 

Now, I'd already gotten into a Hellboy figure (http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85925-heckfella-wwwoz-lion-80058-and-rafm-hells-harbinger-raf03897/), so the next part was probably inevitable. This fishy gal is going to be a distaff counterpart to Abe Sapien. (Langdon Everett Colleen?)
      Recent posts by @Glitterwolf (loongs and ki-rin) are changing my mind on techniques, so while it is well-established that I love shiny metallic fish-people, I put on some matte layers first. 

And then drybrushing with metallic teals and pale blues. 
      Next up: Freehanding some fishy stripes. 

And a bit more dark blue and green wash plus some more metallic drybrushing and detailing, followed by a thin layer of 'Ardcoat. Whole process took under two hours. Room for improvement, but a good start!

• By Adrift
      Attached are photos of a slew of different miniatures and projects I've been working on in 2019. 

The Battleguard Golem is clearly a Warforged Paladin in my mind as was painted accordingly; he's mounted onto a Frontline Games base. The Jungle Titan is on the base of a Reaper Dragon I gave my son as a toy previously. The Galladoria Games entrances are both attached to Frontline Games Stones Dungeon tiles. The Terratiles are from a Kickstarter that started fulfilling last month; they were a ReaperCon vendor in 2017 and make good stuff! On the CAV Thunderbird and Raptor, I wanted to simulate some lights; not as much love for the Kahn.  The Thunderbird was missing a shoulder mount so I subbed in a axehead from a long-age discarded figure. The Iron Golem has inspired a monster in my DND world called a Forgeblast Iron Golem and I wanted to simulate discoloration of the iron as though it is being superheated from within; I also wanted it to look as though heat was trying to escape from a few plate patches. Khai the Huntress from Bombshell is on a metal Reaper skulls base; I painted three of the skulls with a glowing green eye to add more interest.   
      Like everyone else, just trying to be creative, get better and have fun. 

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      So, a very long time ago, somewhere around the turn of the millennia, when I started buying minis (not counting that dragon I bought in the early 90s...which I should get around to painting one of these days....) I came across a miniature that would change the course of history!  Well, my history anyway, because if I hadn't seen it I likely wouldn't be posting about all these other minis I bought because if it, not to mention all the butterfly bunny effects that that one change would have made to the timeline....but I digress. One that faithful day I spotted the legendary (and apparently back in print!!) Doom Bunny from Ral Partha.  I, of course, had to have it.  It then sat (as is usual) unpainted for years.  Then one day, while GMing a campaign, I decided to run an entire rabbit themed night as we were playing on Easter Monday.  The campaign either had (I think, unless this was the first animal night....I think the Bovine Liberation Army came first....) , or ended up having an animal theme for a bit so all was good.  I painted up the Doom Bunny and my wife painted up 4 Reaper bunnies from some familiar set or another (must have been one with weasels in it, I needed a bunch of those for a Hackmaster thing).
      I had a very fun time running the bunnies (unlike the BLA final encounter...anyone remember how long it took to create a high level minotaur blackguard in 3.x?  It got critted 3 times in the first round and went down in the second. It got to act once and rolled a 2 or something....but I'm not bitter....) and since that time have gone out of my way to collect rabbit figures of all sorts.
      So, long story, er, long, it's time to start thinking about painting the rest.  A big motivation for this is that I recently went in on a Killer Rabbits kickstarter and have a horde more coming soon.  The other motivator to get going was Reaper releasing  03929: Drangus, Duckman Warrior, the hereditary enemy of bunnies everywhere!
      So step one was to find them.  I spent a good hour digging through boxes and I "think" I found them all (excluding any painted exchange figures I may have received due to mentioning in EVERY survey I've done for years).

So at the front we have the 4 Reaper bunnies and the Doom Bunny.
      The grey resin is Bombshell, as are their little doom bunny and jackelope (it still counts!) sidekicks.  The right side are all Darksword. The left in front are Oathsworn.  Back left there are 6 spear bunnies that I believe were Ral Partha from the same era as the Doom Bunny (they have the same shields).  And at the back is Nibbles, from CMoN's Arcadia Quest, which a friend ordered for me with their KS order.

BTW, if you know of any other bunny figs, feel free to mention them here, or PM me directly if you prefer.  I'm always on the lookout for more. 

Up next will be bagging all the multipart figs now that I've got them sorted, then figuring out what to start with. That may not be a quick process, but I'll (theoretically) get there.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 1 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)