Impressive use of earth tones, and a nice evocation of sunbleached blonde hair. I also like her fierce expression. Good job with the eyes.

• Like 3

Oooh, nice one! The eyes are good (grrr, angry cave girl), and I really like the way you did the mouth too (grrr, gritted teeth).

• Like 2

Why not drill and paint one of the resin inserts that came with the Babes and sit her on it for photos?

Also don't forget to share her over on the Bombshell forums! (It needs more than Trystan, InnerGeek & me posting ;))

She looks great though, good clear distinction of very similar colours.

• Like 2

I like the way you've done her hair as well. I really think the muted tones look well together because they fit the character of the sculpt. Also that is one wicked club she's weilding.

• Like 1

Beautiful, love the color palette and you got good definition even then.

Love the hair and the eyes look great!

• Like 1

Absolutely love the limited earth tone pallette. Almost like looking at a sepia photograph.

Edited by KruleBear
  • Like 1

Great job! The skin tones work well, and the time spent on the eyes were worth it. I assume you we're trying to make them match her angry expression? The overall palette is very nice, too, and her hair is nicely done.

• Like 1

Also don't forget to share her over on the Bombshell forums! (It needs more than Trystan, InnerGeek & me posting ;))

Good idea, and done!

Great job! The skin tones work well, and the time spent on the eyes were worth it. I assume you we're trying to make them match her angry expression? The overall palette is very nice, too, and her hair is nicely done.

The eyes I was initially trying to do DKS style, with blue irises. Hah. Then I scrapped that and was shooting for a defined pupil/iris conglomeration that was a) aligned b) NOT INSANE and c) white on three sides to show how she was looking slightly up in anger. Also, kind of evolving the usual black line style so I can get practice defining a shape and get comfortable with that...then take the next step in DKS style eyes. That's really why I spent so much time on it, that was the 'level up' of this project.

To add to the anger, I pushed the effect I had with Laurana, exaggerated the furrowed brow highlight (easy on this sculpt, thanks Patrick!) and drew the cheek highlight down a bit to exaggerate the creases beside the mouth. I was also going to paint the teeth closer to Martin's job (parted), but was heavy handed and liked how it made her look really pissed to have her teeth clenched but also bared so widely.

In high school I used to draw comics and that face is almost an exact replica of 90% of my 'angry metal dude' faces :) The trick will be if you ever see me paint something NOT angry!

The hair, I got the effect as far as the color. Basically me in 1988 when I was working road construction and my blond hair bleached out (remember Sun In?). But the highlights did get away from me as far as defining the hair better.

Edited by CashWiley
  • Like 1

I like her. Though you really should have moved some of that dark brown in the boots up to the clothing as it's really hard to separate the skin from her dress--especially with the background also being nothing but browns and yellows as well. The contrast on the shoulder strap are perfectly done in this regard but the rest really doesn't have the contrast needed to make it distinguishable from the skin.

• Like 1