Fanguad's Workbench

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing around with the airbrush. Unthinned MSP goes through okay, but it is probably better to thin it a little bit. I need to find a smaller container to mix in though - the only cups I have are way too big for the amount of paint I'm mixing. I painted some random solid colors on MDF terrain bits, then some test dummy Bones.

post-8582-0-47429900-1389236442_thumb.jpg

Edited by fanguad
  • Like 7

I have observed on a lot of videos that use an airbrush, that they just do the thinning directly in the gravity feed pot. That way you only mix up as much as you need for that run. (just my observation as I don't have an air brush to experiment with :down: )

I picked up a sleeve of 100 of those little pill cups like the ones that come with cough syrup. Still kind of big for the volumes I've used airbrushing, but the smallest I could find. I really need to get the table I'm going to switch to for airbrushing set up so I can get back to experimenting.

I had several minis that went straight to show off (I'm trying to work on speed).  I prepped and primed my Painting Excuses entry, as well as the miniature for my Winter Exchange partner (this miniature will not be shown, and will be referred to as Project D).  Primer is airbrushed Brown Liner, because this is the Bones version.

post-8582-0-24046800-1392422280.jpg

I'm not going to win any points for originality with Aina, but I did decide to get rid of her floppy sword and replace it with a spear.  Spears seem more valkyrie-ish to me anyway.  The head is a dagger from a weapons sprue.  The shaft is just piano wire.

Edited by fanguad
  • Like 6

Thanks for the complements, guys.  Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that she's inspired by Lightning from Final Fantasy 13.  All that brown on the front of her is going to be NMM gold.  We'll see how well that goes.

Edited by fanguad
  • Like 2