Sign in to follow this  
catdancer

(WIP)...3 more booths for RPG farmers market game board...

post-11942-0-62939900-1369929889_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-99170700-1369929848_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-38017300-1369929805_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-91299000-1369929760_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-01875900-1369929715_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-82391300-1369929675_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-74931700-1369929632_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-70116300-1369929591_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-94169400-1369929545_thumb.jpg

These are the postings of 3 additional booths for my farmers market & renaissance fair table top (RPG) game board. We are getting close to the end; with only 2 booths left to build for the master board...Pictured here are as follows:

Shots 1 & 2 Deputy Constable shack...the guard on the grounds...

Shots 3 & 4 Exotic birds booth...

Shots 5 & 6 Bread/cheese/brown eggs booth...

Shots 7 & 8 Annex table (meat pies/cheese/turkey legs/ribs)...

Shot 9 Booth & table together (as they will look on the master board)...

All that is left to do on these (as all the other completed booths) are selected signs & standards.

• Like 11

The look really nice :)

How are you going to use them during play? :)

This is part of my shire/town; that my RPG group lives in and calls home (their base of operation)...about 4 times a year; I could have a renaissance fair where group members can have social interaction with NPC persona who are attending the fair from other areas...thus giving them new contacts...possible adventure related jobs...or any of a dozen other spin off mini adventures.

This is part of my shire/town; that my RPG group lives in and calls home (their base of operation)...about 4 times a year; I could have a renaissance fair where group members can have social interaction with NPC persona who are attending the fair from other areas...thus giving them new contacts...possible adventure related jobs...or any of a dozen other spin off mini adventures.

Interesting, and torough, that you use terrain for this! I typically wouldn't. Then again, I have a small box of general purpose dungeon walls as my only terrain :)

Edited by Dibbler
  • Like 1

Interesting, and torough, that you use terrain for this! I typically wouldn't. Then again, I have a small box of general purpose dungeon walls as my only terrain :)

I put in the detailed efforts and long hours...only because this is part of my home shire/town. I also have some very simple generic ruined wall boards that can be used on the table top as a ruined village (placed scattered) or placed together to form a ruined complex type building...I will post a photo of it (them) so you can see the simple generic work...both tend to add flavor to my RPG games.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rat13
      So my daughter just had her first birthday a couple weeks ago and while plenty of people showed up we did end up bringing home a lot of leftovers, dessert in particular. We had about a quarter of a sheet cake and a few cupcakes too. Those cupcakes in particular though had a little something extra, topping each one was a plastic ring. Well I have to admit I couldn't help myself and the wheels started turning.

After maybe a couple hours from start to finish my "Fabulous" guardsmen" now have a "Fabulous" barricade/firing line. With its very large coverage I think this piece may be better suited to Killteam than 40K though.
    • By odinsgrandson
      Here is our current adventuring party for Iron Kingdoms.  We started a new campaign shortly after Reapercon, so I was able to make use of several of the convention minis.
      This party is quite an odd mix of races.  Lately, I've been quite fond of having a semi-cohesive color pallet for our adventuring parties.  The last one I did was all in cold blues, so with this one I went for a very warm pallet.

Lil is an investigator who 'secretly' is a Thamar Advocate.  She's just the stock mini of the vampire hunter from Reapercon (by Bob Ridolfi)

This Pygmie Troll is very fond of hitting things and also alcohol.  He was made by resculpting the head and hands from the Jason Weibe's Dwarf Brewmaster (07015)

Our resident Bone Grinder was made from Bobby Jackson's River Widow (03913).  I only made superficial changes to her (adding a few extra bone-grindy items to her belt).
      ]

For our Trollkin Axe Flinger, it turns out that we already had the perfect mini.  This is the version from the Undercity Board Game.

This Outcast Skorne Bushwacker/Warlock was made by simply head swapping a Malifaux rifleman.

This Lazy Cyclopes (under the command of the Warlock) was a sculpt that I made quite a few years ago.  I showed it off to several sculptors at Gencon, and they all gave me some pointers on things that I could improve on.  Still, I was fond enough of him that I decided to paint him up.

• By Rat13
      Awhile ago I came across a terrain tutorial video about building barrels and thought I'd give it a go. After the initial steps of collecting water bottle/soda lids, gluing them together, and even priming them the project came to a halt. Well after a couple months of staring at a bag of primed bottle caps I finally got back to work. 

The next step in the build was to create an actual lid/opening in the top of the barrel. This required two pieces; it needed a small bead and a slightly larger round piece to glue the bead onto (in the tutorial the builder used small wooden discs they found at a craft store). I knew that my wife already had plenty of beads that would be perfect but that small round disc had me stumped.

That's when I finally remembered that inside my wife's craft bin she had a hole punch. Since I started basing my models and began building a little terrain I've been collecting a lot of random household brick a brack, including baby formula tins and lids. You know where I'm going with this and I think the picture speaks for itself.

Now that I finally had all the pieces I began gluing the discs and beads to the top of the barrels. After a little gunmetal grey I'm pretty impressed with how good they look and how quick they can be made (quick provided you don't spend too much time thinking about a single piece). I placed some Games Workshop barrels behind them for comparison. 

I'm pretty sure this build came from Terrain Tutorial but I'm not positive (I did see the video quite a while ago). Either way I just want to say this wasn't my idea at all, I simply followed the steps I happened to remember from a youtube video I watched so long ago that I can't remember who did it. I'm grateful however for this simple and cheap terrain and will be making a ton of them over the next few days.
    • By catdancer
      PROJECT...Shanty town outhouse (gift for a friend)...

DATA...On August 6, 2014...I displayed a shanty shack that I built as a gift for one of the Reaper members who has become a close friend...this is the outhouse that goes with that shanty shack...My son and I just returned from a luncheon meeting where I delivered both the shanty shack and outhouse.

I really enjoyed building these 2 small pieces and hope that my friend (ub3r) enjoys the final results.

Paul (Catdancer) 
    • By catdancer
      PROJECT...Wooden Magazine/Newspaper Stand (Nostalgic Era)...

ODDS & ENDS...While waiting for my scale lumber order to arrive for my final Shanty Outpost (center piece)...I spent Saturday working on the art draft concept(s) of my next commission project (stated above) and building a few odds and ends common to such a piece...I have done;

1.  Post Card rack...
      2.  Pin-up Photo rack...
      3.  Posters cylinder holder...
      4.  Glass Charity Donation jar...
      5.  Sealed Wooden cigar boxes...
      6.  Open Wooden cigar box with cigars...
      7.  Open Wooden cigar box (used as cash register)...
      8.  Newspapers & Magazines (assortment - not pictured)...

QUESTION...I would like to hear from members about other odds & ends that I could consider for usage in this piece...Please let me hear from you with your suggestions and ideas for items...Thank you.

Paul (Catdancer)
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 185 Guests (See full list)