RAFM Call of Cthulhu RAF02903 "Dilettante": From Flapper to Nutter in Three Easy Steps

Very nice work. Good job on the translucency of the slip. With the madwoman, I notice her left arm is very well shaded/highlighted, but the right arm looks badly done. I assume it's you trying to make her look more manky, but it has a hard time translating.

That's a very nice blond hair color you have going on, and I also like your shiny boots on the Raj.

-Dave

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By John Fiala
      I was a little surprised to not see this already here.  I just got a 48 hour notification on a game called "Lurkers of the Deep" - it's apparently an expansion to a miniatures game, but in addition to the game they're also selling a bunch of 20s/30s pulp/cthulhu style minis.  (And a number of buildings, too.)  I'm not interested in the game, but I put down a 30 pound pledge to get a bunch of the figures and get the various free stretch goals figures.

There's only another 46 or so hours left, so I guess that means it ends early on March 1st.

http://kck.st/3tbALxp is the link.
    • By CaptainPete
      Deadlands is a series of Role Playing Games based around alternative history, with the major change taking place on July 3rd, 1863. This change, called The Reckoning, made the US Civil War grind to a halt, resulted in half of California fall into the sea, and had a new miracle substance called Ghost Rock revolutionize technology. The game has used different rules systems; including the original "classic" system, Savage Worlds, a new system that is/was releasing soon, a d20 conversion, and had a GURPS port.
      The Weird West - Beginning in 1876, players would wander around the Weird West, full of monsters, gunfighters, agents of the United States of America, Confederate States of America, the United Kingdom, the Empire of Mexico, the Dominion of Canada, and Lost Angels, might get involved in the Great Rail Wars, get lost in the Sioux Nations, or confront the creations of the New Science.
      The Wasted West - It's 2094 and the world is almost over. Irradiated Ghost Rock bombs, as well as conventional nuclear weapons, were dropped on major cities all over the globe. The east of the Mississippi  river is full of the Walkin' Dead, the city of Lost Angels has fallen into the Pacific Ocean, and the only place where people can eek out a living is the west. Using Spook Juice, you can travel the collapsing highways from Junkyard to the ruins of Boise, and all points in between, traveling with Templars, Tellers, Cyborgs, Toxic Shamans, Sykers, and Junkmen.
      The Way Out West - The final part of the original trilogy of settings, this one is set on Banshee, the first alien world colonized by humanity. Of course, there were native people there first, and history has repeated itself again. Take up a badge and defend the colonists, or rob them instead, or maybe try to work with the natives, now that no one from Earth is coming to help. Ever.
      Deadlands: Noir - Set in the period between World Wars, centered around New Orleans, this was the first new game and first one done in the Savage Worlds system.

So, I made this thread so folks could talk about games they're run/played, ask questions about the setting and system(s), or just share their love for the game.

• By Maledrakh
      More pictures and a bit to read below the click (it's a bit dark)

• By Rob Dean
      This hasn’t been a particularly good month for painting.  I had a week off back on the 9th, but, as shown here, my desk had gotten too cluttered to actually get much painting done.  I’m also off this week, and decided that I would try just putting one task on the desk at a time, to see if that would help.  My son has been diligently working on his Bronze Age DBA armies, so I decided that I would finally get started on the last stand of figures I needed to finish my 2nd DBA army.  (DBA : De Bellis Antiquitatis, a popular set of ancient wargames rules for small figure collections to be played on a small table.) Earlier this year, I had managed to get all of my 13th C BCE Libyan infantry done, to match against my New Kingdom Egyptians, but I still needed a “chariot general” base.  

Son and I have been working this project intermittantly for about fifteen years, and we have a deep stash of Caesar Miniatures 1/72 scale plastic figures.  There is no “official” Libyan chariot, so I cobbled one together using an Egyptian chariot body, horses from a different (Mitanni) chariot set, and a Libyan commander pose.  He’s a little too wide to be able to fit a driver in as well, so, artistic rendering...

We used to mount our chariots on a 40mm wide by 60mm deep base, but the DBA rules call for 60mm by 80mm.  The single chariot looks a little lonely, and there isn’t room for a pair of them, so he and I agreed that we would generally mount a couple of “chariot runners” with each vehicle.

Most of my Libyans are done with cloaks painted to represent hairy hides from spotted cows, in keeping with the modern painting guide depictions.  However, searching around for actual contemporary Egyptian depictions of Libyans came up with this (I’ve cropped a single figure out of a group of four):

I did my best to replicate the alternating rows of “eyes” and “arrows” on the general’s cloak, and echoed the pattern on the chariot body decorations because “why not?”.  At least any historical nit-pickers are likely to have seen the same picture...

Here’s the completed “army”.  With the Egyptians, I can at least stage a remote game without using proxy figures, although we are starting to look forward to getting together for an actual games day sometime again (probably still six months off...).  Maybe my next army, the Nubians, will be ready by then as well.

• By Reverend Shartan
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/therodentsofthemoon/gangster-bang-20-cthulhu/description

Project funded in less than a half hour, and has already attained the first stretch goal.

Reverend Shartan
  • Who's Online   16 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)