post-11942-0-04880400-1370024737_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-11720900-1370024665_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-82030300-1370024584_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-80205900-1370024511_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-14691000-1370024437_thumb.jpg

Hi Dibbler...Here are my basic, simple and generic fantasy terrain pieces. On these, I do nothing fancy or no real detail work...We play on a 4x8 table top board that is dark forest green in color...the terrain pieces are placed as designed for the given adventure and/or encounter...everything between the pieces is considered flat green meadow type terrain with no cover & 100% clear (LOS) visibility...Pictured are;

1. Solo shot of ruined building...(I have 5 such boards with varied ruined aspects)...

2. Shot of 4 ruined buildings together to form a sort of ruins complex...

3. Shot of generic terrain pieces of varied sizes & shapes...(I have 30 such pieces and another 12 that are total foliage covered)...

4. Shot of 1 of my generic hills...(this is Fire Hill = View #1)...(I have 6 such hill pieces)...

5. Shot of (Fire Hill = View #2)...

So as I said...I do detailed work on projects that deal with my home shire/town...but the rest is basic non-detail generic material and fantasy terrain pieces.

• Like 9

How do you store your terrain? It looks wonderful, and I would be curious to know how you keep all its fragile bits safe.

Nothing fancy; I store all my pieces in standard plastic storage boxes that you can buy at any office store or general stores like (K-Mart, Target, etc)...As is normal and standard, accidents will happen but I have never had any major disasters...My shire is designed so that I can fit (2) town boards into 1 storage box (aprox. 16"x34"x6" tall)...my farmers market project (that I am currently working on) is designed to fit into 1 storage box (the same size as noted)...These boxes are stacked in a large walk in closet (so they are safe & free of dust)...taken out as needed.

I would really love some type of tutorial on this basic stuff. A needed tools list. How to do the foiliage and that type of stuff.

I will be happy to answer any specific questions that you may have. I don't do tutorials (you might ask some other members about such). As far as tools go; I don't think that you will find two modelers who use the same tools...it is (what ever works for you and that you are comfortable with)...I will post a photo of my basic standard tools so you can get an idea of what you could use and/or what you may need to get...In regard to foliage; I think that again you might find that that answer will differ from modeler to modeler.

Just curious how big are the boards you used?

Hi Brian. The ruins boards are aprox. (14"x12")...Fire Hill is (16"x16") square...The smaller pieces have no standard size; they are designed with an artistic eye as to what I feel they need to be...so as to support a single figure or a group of figures.

• 4 weeks later...

In the Top Left, Catdancer has used just plain sand as sand, I think some green flocking (not static flock) as grass, no idea as to the brickwork, the trees look like decorative/ florist/ bargain stuff rather than model railroad stuff, and the dry twigs are dry twigs selected for aesthetic. On the bottom left I cannot identify the "grass", the clumpy foliage looks like railroad clump or sponge foliage. The orange sprays look like something from a florist, maybe intended for dried arrangements?

Once again, CD, thanks for posting!

• Like 1