Sign in to follow this  
Silas Coggeshall

Has Something bad happened to my minis?

So I like many got the Vampire level in Reapers kickstarter last year as well as the Cthulhu, mini case and Kaldrax Dragon add on. I haven't really been following the forums, but I thought last I saw that I would get my stuff by the end of may. However I havn't seen or hear anything. I was wondering if something could have gone wrong with my reaper KS account or my order. :/ Any help would be appreciated.

Long story short. There's been delays in China as well as customs--especially for the larger, non-vampire stuff, so shipments are expected to begin again in about 3-4 weeks.

• Like 4

And if you live in Canada they haven't even started shipping here, because they are waiting on the government to make them a broker or some such so we don't have to play customs fees (I think thats why anyways).

That will happen SOON .

What moneysloth said

I wish I was moneysloth. Then I wouldn't have to restrict how much I spent on this hobby a year.

Edited by MonkeySloth
  • Like 10

It was dark on the ship.

They were eaten by a grue.

• Like 10

It was dark on the ship.

They were eaten by a grue.

Nooooooooooooo! Not a grue! /woe

The "Slow Boat from China" thread has more specific information. But, yeah, no one who ordered add-on minis (other than duplicates of what was in the Vampire) has gotten their order either. Even those of us in the USA.

What moneysloth said

I wish I was moneysloth. Then I wouldn't have to restrict how much I spent on this hobby a year.

tumblr_mdfuugb6221rrsuiko1_400.jpg

• Like 9

Here is the last information that was published in the slow boat thread

Crocodiles are not as aggressive. However, Bryan says I can report the following:

Reaper has 2 out of 4 containers in hand now. Meaning they have cleared customs and are at Reaper's facility. There are two conditions for shipping to start.

1) A third container is received at Reaper's facility OR

2) The Canadian government approves the paperwork.

Shipping will commence when one of the two conditions has been met.

Here is the last information that was published in the slow boat thread

Crocodiles are not as aggressive. However, Bryan says I can report the following:

Reaper has 2 out of 4 containers in hand now. Meaning they have cleared customs and are at Reaper's facility. There are two conditions for shipping to start.

1) A third container is received at Reaper's facility OR

2) The Canadian government approves the paperwork.

Shipping will commence when one of the two conditions has been met.

Is that shipping to USA will start or Shipping to Canada as well? It seems strange that that's an "or" statement. An official announcement (via KS update) would be appreciated, considering the last update with a date (#89) mentioned that goods would be delivered "sometime in May". So an explanation as to why we're in June would be nice. I'm sure there are tons of people, myself included, who don't follow on the forums, the facebooks, the twitter, or whatever. The slowness of updates is a bit aggravating, although I don't know if that's just the industry standard or if this is exceptional. It seems a bit strange coming from the world of software, where heads roll if we're a week late (and I don't mean a few!).

Edited by unidentifiable

If you go on Kickstarter and bring up Reapers full profile, there is an option there to view all their comments, just like there is for any kickstarter backer. I've copied and pasted their last comment on Kickstarter, from May 15th, below:

"People that are angry are assuming we knew that the final container would ship May 21 all along. I'd like to post the timeline as I understood it, and as we posted about it when we began shipping: **Expected timeline** ~may 25: Shipments begin -> March 30: Next container (A) ships, to arrive late April -> April 15:next container (B) ships to arrive early-mid May -> Late April, Container A in hand, resume shipments after ReaperCon; ALSO final container ( C ) ships to arrive late May -> Early may, ship next phase, using Container B -> Late May: Container C in hand, complete shipping, with an understanding that Early June might be needed for some processing, but we'd know more once we started. **Actual timeline** Late April, Container B did not arrive as expected. Customs was the delay, so we held our breath and crossed our fingers and waited for it to arrive, when it was clear that we needed to explain the delay that we had genuinely hoped would not exist, we posted an update. People were angry. Then the Manifest or Container C, which has shipped, did not include all of the items we were missing (this was late last week). We inquired, and discovered that, due to the size of the models, Container C would need to be made into additional containers. A revised schedule was requested, and when one was given, a new update was posted (yesterday). Again, people were angry. As of this time, Container A is in hand, B & C are on the water, and D & E ship with a window of May 17-21. That's within the week, and I consider that to be good news - much better than the vague "soon" we'd been getting and repeating. We gave the latter date, assuming delays, although to be fair I don't think the earlier date changes timetables much. I'm not sure there's anything we could have possibly done differently. We acted in good faith on the information we had, and continue to do so. I once again ask everybody to please be civil. "

If you go on Kickstarter and bring up Reapers full profile, there is an option there to view all their comments, just like there is for any kickstarter backer. I've copied and pasted their last comment on Kickstarter, from May 15th, below:

<snip>

Where did you see that? The last update (#92) I see is from May 14th, but doesn't have an update to the shipping date, only updates from China which, according to the previous update (#91), doesn't concern me as a Canadian. #91 also doesn't contain a ship date update, the last update with a ship date change is #89. Even your post doesn't contain a change of date, stating shipping between 17-21 of May for the final container.

It *is* frustrating, and I'll continue to do nothing about it. I found this: http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/5-ways-were-totally-ruining-kickstarter/

#5 was definitely a great descriptor of me when I backed Bones. Money goes in, time goes by, product comes out. It must be a preorder! Consequently, I've learned my lesson, and stopped using Kickstarter. Big names across all sections of KS are having a tough time delivering on their promises.

While that list is good for a laugh, I don't think we're ruining kickstarter by making the assumption that the project providers will still deliver on time. If they can't, they should communicate (something that Reaper seems to find challenging). If communications were good, we wouldn't have posts like this one, with people lost and confused about their shipments.