Sign in to follow this  
Finch

Zhoublexx, Slime Lord of the Bleak Fens

Beautiful! I really like how you've done the eyes. This, and the other sculpts from the Kickstarter are fantastic; they look as though they were pulled right off the pages of the Monster Manual. These are some truly excellent old school demons and devils.

Love the greys, and the highlighting on the... ooze? Gross. This could have been pulled right from the Del Rey Lovecraft covers! (Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre in particular )EFt9L.jpg

• Like 3

Great observation, Baugi. I have the whole set of Del Rey Lovecrafts and I've always loved those covers. You're right, Finch's stark greys punctuated by the red eyes could definitely have been on the cover of one of these books.

Thanks guys.

@ Baugi: A reader pointed out the similarity when this first appeared on my blog. It's undeniable & I couldn't do much better for inspiration. The weird thing is, I wasn't relying on it at all.

That being said, I had seen the book cover previously, and, once reminded, remembered how creepy I thought it was at the time. Guess my first impressions bubbled up from my subconscious and guided my brush.

Edited by Finch

Oooooh. Me wantee.

Or, me would wantee except I'm just going to use Reaper's Bones Faceless Horror whenever it gets to retail as Jubes, a Gibbering Mouther, and an Argos. Because why paint just one Bones?

But outside of that, this mini is pretty cool and I like what you've done with it.

Edited by buglips*the*goblin

I didn't like the model at all, but you made it really cool. :)

Have I seen this paintjob on another forum before?

I am still doubting if I want to add him to my pledge for the kickstarter. So much stuff that looks cooler. Fully pledged up to the max level though.

Edited by Maglok

Thanks all.

I didn't like the model at all, but you made it really cool. :)

Have I seen this paintjob on another forum before?

I did tweak him slightly. Shimmed him up by about 1/8" and sculpted his lower edge so he filled out a 40mm base better (the stock version ends rather abruptly). Replaced one of the "vomit pieces" with a slime blast from Armorcast.

Posted him previously along with an assortment of oozes on the Otherworld Miniatures forums.

Edited by Finch

I like the intestinal look of it, like this thing is always in the process of digesting something.

You painted it very nicely. The gastric acid is particularly convincing too.