Sign in to follow this  
MonkeySloth

50079: Invisible Man

He looks great. Trashcan looks realistic. I like it. : )

If I were you, I'd paint his hat band, if there is one, a bit darker.

Maybe a little less bright red on the base..

It's refreshing when I imagine him soaking wet by the rain.

It's raining outside! Rain dripping down his hat..

A car just splashed water all over him. ...

• Like 1

There is a hat band but by the time I realized there was one I didn't care for painting it. Kind of a copout answer but I was wanting to only give myself 4 hours to finish this guy up and I managed to do that. The red isn't all that bright in real life, it's quite a dull red actually, but the lighting I've currently go for taking pictures was pointed at that spot so it comes off stronger. That, and the fact my camera really didn't want to take this guy in focus so he's a bit off on that end as well.

• Like 1

will you hate me if I told you I like the trashcan the best? :)

mini is painted nicely too, but trashcan is just better :) I like the coat but I think you could darkline it a bit. As of now, coat, hand and belt blend together too much IMO. Also, there's a strange dark shadow in one of the folds, much darker than all the others. Even if sculpt indicates it should be darker, the difference is too big.

No offence. The coat was painted a year ago so it does look off. I'm quite happy you liked the trashcan, was trying out shading down from my brightest highlight and then threw some pigments on to give it color.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      This looks pretty fun. Apologies for formatting on my phone and stuff got lost. They pay a living wage
    • By Rigel
      Fishfolk Fisherman and Fishfolk Fishwife from Crooked Dice. The fisherman, in oilskins and sou'wester, is a perfect blend of the Gorton's mascot and his product. The bug-eyed fishwife with cleaver was a delight to paint, especially the Atlantic salmon.  

A shot of some of the Waite Fish Packing Concern's employees, featuring some old friends from RatTrap and BlackCat:

The Real Housewives of Innsmouth (including a repurposed Bonnie, 50293, with improvements upon her previous appearance):

and one of just the fellas:

Golly gee willikers I love painting fishmen. Special credit also to the Dreadmere Fishing Boat, 44032, the perfect touch for the setting.  
    • By Inarah
      Speed paint job that I did as part of my 4th of July Paint Binge this year.  I was vaguely going for crazy Rutger Hauer from Blade Runner, with the white hair. 

• By Rigel
      My love for pulp, and particularly pulp aviators and aviatrices, is well-known. So this cheesecake propaganda pinup poster Sophie had to be. I was very glad indeed to see it back in production. Love everything about this sculpt from hair to boots. But you didn't come here to read; you came for the pictures!

Click for more angles:

Morale-boosting appearances for different branches

Plus one for the Kaiju Corps...

and a couple for the brainy boys in the white coats. (Hey, if we're already surfing bombs, might as well go full Strangelove.)

Guest appearances by 80070 and some Artizan Thrilling Tales figs, 50075, some Murch Pulp sailors,  a Nolzur's water elemental, a Pacific Rim action figure, and a repurposed plastic egg. I also replaced Sophie's wings with some smaller wings I had lying around; I have a plan for those larger wings and a larger devil.

Thanks for checking in!
    • By Rigel
      Now THIS is a Pulp Hero! An incredibly burly, fiercely-mustached Sikh with a chain-fed brass-jacketed machine gun. NorthStar UK lists him as Gagan Kayal; the American outlet Brigade Games lists him as Mohan Singh in their "Lord Curr's Company" set. Either way, a powerhouse with incredible style and devastating firepower. I roughed up the barrel of the gun with some Typhus Corrosion before painting it; the original sculpt is smoother. 

His arm hair is sculpted on, and after that, I'd be remiss not to give him some good chest and shoulder hair.

The time period is fairly ambiguous to one who, like me, is not a firearms historian, so the good Mr. Kayal can work from the turn of the previous century...

to the middle of said century.

Special guest appearances by 50029, British Colonial Riflemen, 50193, Thuggee Cultist, and 50221, Nazi Zombie Officer (and his Artizan co-workers). 
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)