Talae

My Daughter's First Miniature - Pic Heavy

She seems to have a somewhat unorthodox grip for the paint brush. You should put that away somewhere special. All my buddies cherish their children's first minis.

I recently just gave one buddy a ton of old hero clix and mageknight figs for the purposes of daddy daughter painting time.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the praises guys. I figure at the rate she is going, she will be painting better than me by the time she is in Kindergarten. :)

You are braver than me. Mine made their first foray into mini painting at about 9 or 10, but preferred to have mom or dad paint for them. The youngest, now 19 wants to start painting again. Some things, like driving, are best taught to teenagers by someone other than a parent. Looks like I will be ordering some L2PKits.

Man, she's already cranking them out quicker than I am, and it looks like she can put down a better base coat too... :)

Awesome stuff. She looks like she's having a blast!

• Like 1

Any suggestions on cheap Bones minis currently offered to try out with my daughter?

Also, what about upcoming Bones minis that I will likely need extras of when that is an option?

I would normally take her to my FLGS but they aren't offering Bones yet. Letting her pick online or in my Casketworks magazine causes problems with her struggling with the wait time (being not even three and all...).

I am starting with another unicorn and she seems interested in the spider. Both of those just arrived in the mail today. Thanks guys!

The unicorn, spider, rats, troll, and the gargoyle can all be painted to look decent with only a couple of colours and without a lot of difficult detail work.. so that might be a start Talae?

• Like 1

The unicorn, spider, rats, troll, and the gargoyle can all be painted to look decent with only a couple of colours and without a lot of difficult detail work.. so that might be a start Talae?

I guess the best way to do this is just to ask her which ones she wants from what I already have. I have two more unicorns, two spiders, a troll and a gargoyle. I can always get more of what she wants later or try something new. If I space them out to one or two a week, hopefully I will have enough to take me through the arrival of my Bones shipment.

Thanks.

I let me daughter go to town with the Female Cloud Giant from my Bones set today when I was priming my L2PK1 guys. She loved it...now I need to find more big minis that she can paint. One of the things my wife said we should do is find some of the small hard plastic toy animals and let her repaint them. She is about 6 months older than your daughter and had a lot more white space left on her mini. I gave up trying to explain she needed to get it all covered up. :)