My Daughter's First Miniature - Pic Heavy

Talae

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Honestly, your praise (and your advice) are why I keep posting this stuff instead of just keeping the moments to myself.

On a side note, my Facebook feed is not nearly as excited about her painting as you guys are. They are apathetic towards the whole thing, whereas I am totally amped up that my daughter is joining in on the Geekiness that is painting. She asked me today if she could watch X-Men (Evolution) because she loves Kitty. Then, later she asked if we could watch "the ring show" which is one of The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit, depending on the moment. We didn't have time before bed, so we settled with Hook instead.

• Like 3

Anyone have advice on how to seal my daughter's minis?

I sprayed them with a coat of Krylon Crystal Clear and then a coat of Testor's Dullcoat only to find today that she knocked off some paint and even had some paint transfer from one mini to another when playing rough with the unicorns.

This is obviously not the typical tabletop protection that I am looking for. I need something that can handle a three year old. Will more coats do this or is there a different product I need to search out?

Those pics are adorable. I'm reconsidering letting my three year old girl have at it now.

I just recently had my six year old girl come up to my painting table, wanting to have a go. She grabbed that female mage from the skin LTPK and did most of one side yellow. I was impressed that she had opened up the fair maiden paint bottle and did her face and hands. I could not get it through to her that the idea was to paint every surface though! the whole experience was great. I'm going to get her one of those unicorns, and I'm pretty sure some of the bones in my vampire pack will have her name on them. Now I just need to convince her to paint things other than princesses, unicorns and girls. (The social conditioning is strong with this one!

Anyone have advice on how to seal my daughter's minis?

I sprayed them with a coat of Krylon Crystal Clear and then a coat of Testor's Dullcoat only to find today that she knocked off some paint and even had some paint transfer from one mini to another when playing rough with the unicorns.

This is obviously not the typical tabletop protection that I am looking for. I need something that can handle a three year old. Will more coats do this or is there a different product I need to search out?

Reaper do brush on sealer. So she could do it herself and no aerosols need to be used.

I don't know why I hadn't thought about that. I have yet to try the brush on since I had the sprays before the LTPKs showed up. We might try that tomorrow (full disclaimer: My Bones are due to arrive tomorrow, so I am not promising anything to anyone).