Doctor Who stand-ins

Pingo

Upon obtaining the Third, Fourth, and Seventh Doctors, Davros, Ace, Sarah Jane, a couple Ogrons and a Zygon, I finally gave up. One order arrived within two weeks. They fouled up every other order. They FIX it when you contact them, but I have become spoiled by dealing with businesses who, upon verifying my credit card data, SHIP ME THE FRIGGIN' PRODUCT, POSTHASTE.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who North America has some of the old FASA Doctor Who minis. My brother has almost all of them.

http://www.whona.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=W&Category_Code=FASA

OH my.

Those are the ones I had.

Well, not *those*, exactly. I had sets of the Doctors and I can't recall what else. But they came in those boxes. I remember them. They must have been the FASA ones. And yes, 1986 would have been about right, just when I got my first Dr. Who RPG.

Well shucks, now I'm all misty again.

I have most of those FASA metal minis sets from ebay auctions. I am missing from my collection; metal Cybermen, metal Daleks, Davros, and Turlough. I specify metal on those because I do have the FASA/Citadel boxed set of 20/20 Cybermen and Daleks. Not the same as the metal.

I have spare K-9, Romana, Sgt. Benton, and Fourth Doctor. I might be persuaded...

Upon obtaining the Third, Fourth, and Seventh Doctors, Davros, Ace, Sarah Jane, a couple Ogrons and a Zygon, I finally gave up. One order arrived within two weeks. They fouled up every other order. They FIX it when you contact them, but I have become spoiled by dealing with businesses who, upon verifying my credit card data, SHIP ME THE FRIGGIN' PRODUCT, POSTHASTE.

Do you mean Black tree Design?

Look up Crooked Dice and feast your eyes on the Whooey goodness.

Crooked Dice make some minis based on classic UK tv shows. Their scary statues may look familiar.

http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/wp/product/scary-statues-2/

Good timing on the Crooked Dice Dr. Who mention. They have a deal of the month on with six minis for £15. They also have a set with Jenny, Strax and Madame Vastra. And yes, I am now out $50 for both sets. Thanks. ::):

The scary statues and the scary scarecrows and the woman archeologist-astronaut and Captain Jack ... They all look yummy, even if you do have to put the heads on yourself.

I got my Crooked Dice who figures the other day. They look amazing, very nice detailed figures. Also, Vastra and Strax come with heads separate, and they have alternate human heads if you are looking for some Victorian era minis without any of the timey-wimey stuff. The Strax human head looks great, he has big mutton chops and would make a great butler in any setting.

• Like 2

The problem with Hasslefree is their international shipping. It seems like all the not-Dr Who minis (SO FAR) have been made over in the UK, making getting them, well, a hassle, for those of us in the states. I try to keep my overseas orders to a minimum.

But... Tardis!

I think I almost broke my hubby's eardrum again :down:

He returned the favor though :lol:

• Like 1

Black Tree Design has ALL THE WHO.

Well ...

All the old ones, yes, pre-hiatus.

And don't think I'm not grateful that they're there.

But aren't they a bit ... clonky?

I mean, just look at Jo Grant, poor thing.

Also, there are no officially licensed New Who figures anywhere. I would love to see modern sculpts of Daleks and Cybermen and Judoon.

There is a thread discussing the various minis that would go with Reaper's police box here:

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/49679-doctor-who-stand-ins/

A police public call box is a historical artifact. While it is clear what it is meant to be, it is not a violation of anyone's IP to offer them.

Actually, the BBC has a trademark on blue police boxes, and the UK Patent Office has refused the objections of the (London) Metropolitan Police. See Wikipedia.

Edited by KevinR