Doctor Who stand-ins

Pingo

The "Big Eyed Aliens" from C-P Models Miniatures .co .uk look pretty close to the Slitheen.

(I've not dealt with the company; I ran across an image whilst looking for something else entirely.)

EDIT: Goodness. It looks like they have some "enterprising" characters as well ...

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no Rani. ::(:

I ordered from C-P Models Miniatures. The figures look decent, but need a good bit of assembly (the starship crew ones especially, which have separate heads and arms.).

I see Lego Dimensions will offer Dr Who as a playable option. Might be something to look into.

I'm led to understand that while in game, if your character dies, they regenerate as the next doctor, starting back at Doctor One if the get all the way to Capaldi, the Toys available for the game include oNly K-9 and the twelfth doctor, and a second kit that includes a Cyberman and a Dalek. 

Nothing I have seen suggests that lego minifigs of all 13 Doctors will be produced for this game.

http://www.lego.com/en-us/dimensions/videos/doctor-who-feature-3b9d49ab86a0479dbf82a5951a8eb74d

Neat video here, though, that *really* makes me want to shell out the cash for this system!

I see Lego Dimensions will offer Dr Who as a playable option. Might be something to look into.

I'm led to understand that while in game, if your character dies, they regenerate as the next doctor, starting back at Doctor One if the get all the way to Capaldi, the Toys available for the game include oNly K-9 and the twelfth doctor, and a second kit that includes a Cyberman and a Dalek. 

Nothing I have seen suggests that lego minifigs of all 13 Doctors will be produced for this game.

http://www.lego.com/en-us/dimensions/videos/doctor-who-feature-3b9d49ab86a0479dbf82a5951a8eb74d

Neat video here, though, that *really* makes me want to shell out the cash for this system!

Browsin Amazon the other day & came across a bunch of the Lego D stuff. I love the little mini acc. that comes with each pack. While I understand why Homer doesn't have a Duff can, it's still wrong, ha ha.

For Dr Who thou I'd prob only play as the 4th Doctor as he was the Doctor when I really followed DW.

& Yes I agree there is some temptation on that system. Heck my son finally got a Xbox One (saved up for it!) so at the least the system is coveed ::D:

Warlord games just announced they have the license for all seasons of Doctor Who, and miniatures game incoming

Trouble with making a big loud announcement is "Okay, you've sold me your product. Oh, you don't have a product for sale yet? How about a release date? No? So all you really have is advertising....?"

Put up or shut up.

• Like 1

I just noticed Ainsty Castings seems to be no longer offering its "Professor What" line of furniture. :(

In happier news, Crooked Dice has added to its temporal travellers line, with some classic ringers for 1970s Sarah Jane and Jo Grant and old Amy Pond in salvaged armor. It seems to be out of stock of the "Hey, who turned out the lights?" astronaut at the moment.

I just noticed Ainsty Castings seems to be no longer offering its "Professor What" line of furniture. :(

In happier news, Crooked Dice has added to its temporal travellers line, with some classic ringers for 1970s Sarah Jane and Jo Grant and old Amy Pond in salvaged armor. It seems to be out of stock of the "Hey, who turned out the lights?" astronaut at the moment.

Hmm. I wonder if that has anything to do with Warlords upcoming Doctor Who licences miniatures game.

There's a not-Lego brand (Character Building) that has all the doctors as minifigs up through Matt Smith.  No Capaldi or War Doctor.

I have that set. Picked it up last year.

Yeah, that was a Christmas present for my daughter last year.  There have been some interesting Doctor/Star Wars/Batman mashups.

• Like 3

Hmm. I wonder if that has anything to do with Warlords upcoming Doctor Who licences miniatures game.

Nah, it was just out of stock.  They're back now. 

CROOKED DICE HAS JO GRANT AND SARAH JANE FIGURES.

... Just thought I'd repeat that because it's so awesome.

Also ... I have three different police boxes, one from Reaper (PVC), one from Ainsty Castings (resin), and one from Hasslefree (resin).

I had been planning to do a little comparison of scale, shape, etc. since each of them is a little different from the others.  But now it looks like both Ainsty and Hasslefree have quietly dropped all things Doctor-related, and their police boxes don't seem to be on the market any more.

Would people be interested in seeing a comparison, even though two out of three of them are no longer available?

• Like 1