Patrik's June Painting, 2013

A placeholder thread for my finished minis during june 2013.

Last month I missed my goal (on the finishing line as my proposed painting time got booked last minute) so I'll soften the goal this month.

Primary goal:

* Finish Veda-Ann from Hasslefree

* Finish Guillermo from Hasslefree

* Finish Ferrus from Hasslefree

* Finish Ygritte from Dark Sword Miniatures

* Finish Female Ranger from Dark Sword Miniatures

* Finish the Plague Doctor from Reaper Miniatures

Bonus Goals

* Finish Pugwampi #1 from Reaper Miniatures

* Finish Pugwampi #2 from Reaper Miniatures

* Finish Pugwampi #3 from Reaper Miniatures

* Finish Pugwampi #4 from Reaper Miniatures

* Finish Lady Geneve from Red Box Games

* Finish a Male Privateer from Black Scorpion Miniatures

* Finish a Female Pirate from Black Scorpion Miniatures

* Basecoat and quickdip Beastman #1 from Games Workshop

* Basecoat and quickdip Beastman #2 from Games Workshop

* Basecoat and quickdip Beastman #3 from Games Workshop

* Basecoat and quickdip Beastman #4 from Games Workshop

* Basecoat and quickdip Beastman #5 from Games Workshop

Edited by Patrik Ström
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting of the month with Veda-Ann from Hasslefree Miniatures. A really cool sculpt. Noticed to late that I got some green on the shield rim :/

post-6964-0-76307700-1371402583.jpg

post-6964-0-58428600-1371402586.jpg

post-6964-0-98295800-1371402589.jpg

Edit: I went back and did a George Lucas to fix the splash of the green on the shield rim.

Edited by Patrik Ström
  • Like 10

Been struggeling with getting something done lately. Last week my painting time got booked and this week I've been down with a cold that sapped all my motivation to do anything. It's gone now though and all that's left to do is to try and make up for lost time. Starting with Guillermo from Hasslefree Miniatures.

post-6964-0-40296600-1371402702.jpg

post-6964-0-79501200-1371402704.jpg

post-6964-0-10061600-1371402707.jpg

• Like 11

Beautiful job with the armor and the horns! The shield rim and the gloves could probably use a bit of contrast. You can still make something look black and dark, even if you add a bit of a highlight. Lovely smooth shading! Hope you feel better!

• Like 1

That looks really good! I really like the armor, how did you achieve such a good looking steel color?

Platemail Metal as a base coat, then a black ink wash followed with some Platemail Metal and a touch of Shinig Silver (both colors from Army Painter)

Awesome shield design on Guillermo! Nice gradation on the horns, nice clean paint job on the armor on him, love them both.

The shield design is on the mini though :) I think I should have gone with another color for the bull but I couldn't figure out what would work. Eventually I went with black just to get it finished.

Nice scale mail. I wonder if the rim of the shield wouldn't benefit from a little more attention. A highlight, a little color, a bit of scrollwork to compliment the cool freehand, maybe.

Beautiful job with the armor and the horns! The shield rim and the gloves could probably use a bit of contrast. You can still make something look black and dark, even if you add a bit of a highlight. Lovely smooth shading! Hope you feel better!

Now that you mention it I should have tried to put abit more effort into the shield rim. As I mentioned in the previous post, the shield emblem is not free hand, it's part of the miniature, but I should have been able to do something with the rim. Ah well, next time perhaps :)

Thanks for all the comments!