malefactus

The Last Hurrah Project..Photo Heavy

Just re-watched Dark Crystal last night. Your comment about exaggerated rumors of death made me think of dying emperor.  As someone reaches for your minis, you screech I'm not dead yet!

Also the scenery made me think of all your fantastic sculpts. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I always love to see new shrooms and bases by your hand!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ludo said:

Just re-watched Dark Crystal last night. Your comment about exaggerated rumors of death made me think of dying emperor.  As someone reaches for your minis, you screech I'm not dead yet!

Also the scenery made me think of all your fantastic sculpts. 

LOVE Dark Crystal or anything else that Jim Henson was involved in. Any comparison to my stuff is quite a compliment. Thanks, Ludo.

"Rumor of my death have been greatly exaggerated" is a quote or paraphrase of an announcement from Mark Twain, my favorite author.

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I always love to see new shrooms and bases by your hand!

Thanks, Glitter. I am happy you enjoy the stuff. I keep getting new ideas with each piece that I do. I am devoting the second half of my life to The Project.

• Like 4

You know eventually you need one mushroom with a goblin foot sticking out of his mouth and a "nobody saw that did they? look on his face...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

After having seen the Pumpkin cart drawn by a pig in Bones IV, I have been thinking about your project.

A Goblin drawing a cart filled with mushrooms would be cool, he could be carrying supplies to the Shamans, risking his life to collect those shrooms.

Maybe being pursued by the sentient ones he has to get out of that forest quick!

Just my imagination running wild, it does that sometimes, ignore or use it at your whim,

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Corsair said:

You know eventually you need one mushroom with a goblin foot sticking out of his mouth and a "nobody saw that did they? look on his face...

...like so:

DSCN8276.thumb.JPG.45a51d6faf31f13802c298dbefed57e4.JPGDSCN8277.thumb.JPG.c6563247057e3790363867234d8c2c39.JPG

Well...it is a hand rather than a foot. A Goblin foot with the long, pointy shoe would be more readily identifiable, but I imagine that the Mushrooms & Goblins normally get along quite well.

This Little Guy is from 2013 when I still put dates on the bases.

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

After having seen the Pumpkin cart drawn by a pig in Bones IV, I have been thinking about your project.

A Goblin drawing a cart filled with mushrooms would be cool, he could be carrying supplies to the Shamans, risking his life to collect those shrooms.

Maybe being pursued by the sentient ones he has to get out of that forest quick!

Just my imagination running wild, it does that sometimes, ignore or use it at your whim,

That would be a cool vignette, The dark Hold Goblin Knights have Pig Steeds; SO the use of Pigs would have a precedence.

Painting miniatures whether fantasy, sci-fi, or historical stuff gets the wheels of imagination spinning. It is a major part of the entertainment value of the craft.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The latest Mushroom, supposedly possessed by the spirit of a long gone Shaman, now is a more mobile Mushroom:

DSCN8278.thumb.JPG.0d304e486a1bcc5c7e05202f773f1709.JPGDSCN8280.thumb.JPG.0f61596610eba5023fb2b61f1046955b.JPGDSCN8279.thumb.JPG.702f43ee81bb0fd76b7b46df4f3614e5.JPG

Have a good night!

• Like 7

Botanist Assistent : Herr Plantzenfresser! Look! It seems like that Mushroom just moved!

Botanist ( studying a plant without looking up) : Don't be ridiculous Karl! You Know Mushrooms can't move!

Botanist Assistent: But ..but...LOOK!!!! *** Screams and runs away***

Botanist  looks over his shoulder to see where his assistent is going to Karl?

Feels a tap on his shoulder, turns around and stares into the eyes of a large sentient shroom *** Faints**

Shroom :  Looks at unconcious human All I wanted to know was what this guy was studying? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Botanist Assistent : Herr Plantzenfresser! Look! It seems like that Mushroom just moved!

Botanist ( studying a plant without looking up) : Don't be ridiculous Karl! You Know Mushrooms can't move!

Botanist Assistent: But ..but...LOOK!!!! *** Screams and runs away***

Botanist  looks over his shoulder to see where his assistent is going to Karl?

Feels a tap on his shoulder, turns around and stares into the eyes of a large sentient shroom *** Faints**

Shroom :  Looks at unconcious human All I wanted to know was what this guy was studying? 

...the more serious of Goblin Mushroomologists all seem to develop a German accent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Cooking right along, I have the Big Mobile Mushroom all based up with some cap work done:

DSCN8283.thumb.JPG.a8d7504a7c29a9decc5761b32432d67a.JPGDSCN8284.thumb.JPG.f078b999e8403e06ec361bc579b1f4b3.JPGDSCN8285.thumb.JPG.2e7949384d253212c84e2de2f3780093.JPGDSCN8286.thumb.JPG.fe04ac057505e0d1fa6344b88530da6e.JPG

AND the rest of the bases are a bit more colorful:

DSCN8287.thumb.JPG.f565786866021ad3a869d2af32356d4c.JPGDSCN8288.thumb.JPG.50c935b753fa354728698df58f791655.JPG

That should be it until tomorrow...or so.

• Like 8

I love to hike in woods and nature, but if I ever spot a moving shroom I'll be out of there!

These things are amazing and creepy at the same time!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I love to hike in woods and nature, but if I ever spot a moving shroom I'll be out of there!

These things are amazing and creepy at the same time!

...or amazingly creepy in this case.

Thanks for the reply, Glitter. I am happy you like them.

• Like 3

Progress Report...of sorts:

I am basing up some of the Urban Blight pieces as free standing buildings to be used as backgrounds for photos.

The Eternal Block Party will probably be the first pieces to use the setting:

DSCN8289.thumb.JPG.543ab2aa4cded702b99a336d232643a2.JPGDSCN8290.thumb.JPG.5c9b439e957aaeb9df0d4b9a4180bd17.JPGDSCN8291.thumb.JPG.e15eda078dce6902b9e6ce2ef4a3b696.JPG

AND the Mobile Mushroom & Friends are getting more colorful:

DSCN8292.thumb.JPG.718b6ece363038f9b951753e7a4ed912.JPGDSCN8293.thumb.JPG.9a827b835fa2d4e4b614c514119fea7b.JPG

I will see what I can get done today,

• Like 6