Jump to content

malefactus

The Last Hurrah Project..Photo Heavy

Recommended Posts

More cool shrooms!

 

Hm, I've been thinking, since you have started adding limbs and all..

 

You know the iconic look of the skeleton giving a hand to another one climbing out of the ground?

Since Shrooms are rooted in the ground you could do something like that?

Just a thought..discard or not at your own leisure of course

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

More cool shrooms!

 

Hm, I've been thinking, since you have started adding limbs and all..

 

You know the iconic look of the skeleton giving a hand to another one climbing out of the ground?

Since Shrooms are rooted in the ground you could do something like that?

Just a thought..discard or not at your own leisure of course

 

That could make for an interesting piece. Thanks for the suggestion, Glitter.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a weird thought just now...

A really dumb goblin taking refuge under the "umbrella" of a big mushroom. The mushroom is looking at him like "Hmm, lunch!"

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Corsair said:

I had a weird thought just now...

A really dumb goblin taking refuge under the "umbrella" of a big mushroom. The mushroom is looking at him like "Hmm, lunch!"

 

Wild carnivorous animals avoid eating humans because we smell horrible...or so the story goes.

I would imagine the Mushrooms avoid eating Goblins for similar reasons...along with a taste like the seat on a crosstown bus.

However, if you are hungry enough, anything may seem yummy.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AND two more personable Mushroom & a more mundane one were sculpted yesterday:

DSCN8654.thumb.JPG.99cf609de0b9e4a2952c72e5d974d5ba.JPGDSCN8655.thumb.JPG.922e9dcc05df11982fd07aa2bbd63745.JPG

 

 

Obsessions can be fun!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

They will look great when released in the wild ( painted and based)

 

...probably merrier as well.

Thanks for the reply, Glitter...glad you like them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AND  I have some bases underway for the mushrooms or whatever:

DSCN8661.thumb.JPG.aedb7a920388ad79c7cae85067ee84a9.JPGDSCN8665.thumb.JPG.3b7e3ba64ae51a5c21385e8a35ef7014.JPGDSCN8664.thumb.JPG.509ebd1a1ec17168755eca1b8bdc624a.JPG

 

So far I have only gotten carried away with one. This can't last long.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at this tree I can't help wonder.

What fate would become a woodpecker who unfortunately picked out this tree to start hammering...

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Looking at this tree I can't help wonder.

What fate would become a woodpecker who unfortunately picked out this tree to start hammering...

 

...extinction. 

Edited by malefactus
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Supporting Cast Mushrooms have their first two pieces ready for some color.

The Creepy Tree with aaaaaaan upset looking Mushroom:

DSCN8666.thumb.JPG.d8bdf5a684e1c1ea74a5a9b13c4b846b.JPGDSCN8667.thumb.JPG.f0393a4987c67f62d46ce2aa2ee92c37.JPGDSCN8668.thumb.JPG.205e26546720528f74daeaab1685b179.JPG

 

A Merry Mushroom:

DSCN8669.thumb.JPG.96fde1f75b84f33953ed7f4ec550e67d.JPGDSCN8670.thumb.JPG.187ad78660f63247302b72c1dbaf9f17.JPGDSCN8671.thumb.JPG.a0ce80de7a9334d8656abfc411418ede.JPG

 

AND the pair:

 

DSCN8672.thumb.JPG.b772482887031b85b89d8265d5baf639.JPG

 

There you go!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Rigel said:

Ohhhhh, that is going to be one heck of a Spooky Tree! You never cease to amaze!

 

Thanks, Rigel! I am glad you like the Tree. The potential for creepiness is there; I hope it lives up to its potential.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always love the little details, your bases are full of life, an eye here, a tentacle there, faces, a tiny gobbo popping up somewhere.

Love it.

I think a few of the Reaper's Familair packs would be very useful to you to further enhance the scene.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I always love the little details, your bases are full of life, an eye here, a tentacle there, faces, a tiny gobbo popping up somewhere.

Love it.

I think a few of the Reaper's Familair packs would be very useful to you to further enhance the scene.

 

Thanks for the reply AND the idea, Glitter.

I have a few of the Reaper Familiar pack & a couple from Rackham. They are wonderful little characters. I hadn't thought of using them on the bases until now, that is. I have used the little Monk from Dark Hold quite often, but the Familiars went unnoticed.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×