VERY COOL BABY!  What size is the cloth you've mounted them on and what fabric is it made of?

I am curious as to the scale here as well.  Are they wall-sized?

Thanks, Anne & Darkmeer! Normally I do scrolls/parchments/posters in either plumber's epoxy putty or green stuff; this time, however, I used sheet lead from a wine bottle. The faces are green stuff with 2mm seed beads for eyes, I've trimmed it down some what after the photo, but they come in at a hefty 5/8" X 1 3/8"; re, part of the surrealistic effect is to have things out of normal scale, either too small or too large, It throws off natural expectations...that's my story & I'm sticking to it.

• Like 3
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been working on The Project for some time now; inflicting various W.I.P. & finished photos on various & sundry Forums. Now your time has come. To start off, we'll take the Tour of Compo

AND as promised or threatened, if you prefer, a view of the Spooky Woods, Part I:   The Woods in the Distance: A Long & Winding Road:   Some Closeups: I h

While I'm at it... While I had hoped eventually to use the boards for gaming, with or without an opponent, in the interim they do make fine backgrounds for miniature photos & an occasional st

Posted Images

Before the advent of Green Stuff, sheet lead was The Thing for cloaks, hats, flags, & other conversion. Now a days, Captain John & Doreen The Girl drink the wine & I get the lead...another symbiotic relationship. Verlinden also sells or used to sell sheet lead, but buying just the lead doesn't contribute to an interesting evening for The Captain & The Girl.

AND, while making things surrealistic by doing them out of scale is a fine way of achieving that effect, surrealism is also a splendid excuse for doing the out of scale thing inadvertently...LOVE my excuses.

• Like 2

SO I finished painting the "Wanted" posters... 

post-4409-0-30289300-1410015590_thumb.jpg

AND, after a moments thought, found the perfect places to hang the Rogues...well their posters at any rate.

...by the Tower:

post-4409-0-41701800-1410015723_thumb.jpg

...& across from Gaseous George & Associates:

]post-4409-0-49672300-1410015958_thumb.jpg

The place may need one or two more of the "Wanted" Lads...or not. Be tat as it may, a weekend dedicated to details might see the place ready for the upper stories...if only I were the dedicated type.

post-4409-0-30289300-1410015590_thumb.jpg

post-4409-0-41701800-1410015723_thumb.jpg

post-4409-0-49672300-1410015958_thumb.jpg

Edited by malefactus
missing photos
  • Like 13

That's certainly a couple of shifty looking characters there; nice job!

Thanks, Wolf...glad you like them. One of the Fellows on L.A.F. thought I was referring to Richard Nixon with the Dick Trickle poster...I wish I had thought of that connection myself.

• Like 1

Very Cool, Malefactus!  Love the painted 'wanted' signs.  It adds a lot of depth to the city, which I would expect is harder to do than in the forest.

Thanks, Darkmeer! They do add a certain strange touch to an already fairly strange place.

Those are some dangerous looking characters. I'm betting it wouldn't be too hard to pick them out of a line up.  If you do another one, you might make it a female villain.

The weekend is now over darling. Did you get to those upper levels? 

Thanks, Love! Actually making miniatures of the poster characters is sounding more likely. I would like to add another poster to the collection AND a female is a possibility, although, with my caricature approach to sculpting, she's be a pretty ugly girl.

Other than cutting out long strips of soon-to-be walls foam, not much has gone on with the upper stories. However there are some Dark Doings over at the Graveyard.

That appears to be St. Lascivious standing near his own Memorial Statue:

post-4409-0-74186500-1410184830_thumb.jpg

...could it be?:

post-4409-0-72904900-1410184914_thumb.jpg

,,,yes, it is He!

post-4409-0-19886500-1410185241_thumb.jpg

...in the morning dozens of dead pigeons were found surrounding the Statue.

• Like 13

Thanks for the kind replies, Guys!

That is a very unwholesome looking fellow...

He does have a certain disreputable side to his otherwise charming persona. I would imagine some of the more derogatory adjectives could be illustrated nicely by including his photo besides the definition in a good dictionary. 

It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyhow: AWESOME!

I'm delighted you like him & took the time to say so, ub3r!

• Like 1

First time posting on this thread. Just joined the forums for some WIP and how-to for basing/scenery. It took about 3 days on-and-off to go through this whole thread start to finish, but WOW, was it worth it. Congratulations on such great work and dedication to your vision(s) and craft. I love the cohesiveness. The Easter Eggs you put throughout the boards are awesome. I would be like a kid in a candy store to see this in person or play on something like this. Keep up the great work.