malefactus

The Last Hurrah Project..Photo Heavy

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Glad you're back, you got us worried a bit.

Three Legged Witch, nothing strange about that, I mean talking and walking shrooms? Fungus covered Trolls? 

Nope, nothing out of the ordinary..

It's nice to be back...hospital stays are BORRRRRIIIIINNNGGG.

I might have been tempted to just cover up the extra toes with some grass/flock, but there is an obvious leg attached to the piggies.

AND eliminating toes is something I now try to avoid...superstitious Old Man that I am.

She does seem to fit with the rest of the strangeness.

• Like 5

Yesterday the lure of the paint brush just wasn't there. SO I dis some assembling of the G.W. plastic kits Fungoid Shaman & Loon Boss. AND based them up:

DSCN8588.thumb.JPG.17ca049b34a8cb56e9b65224b6031428.JPGDSCN8589.thumb.JPG.402915f3e71b7526f3a93774f9f61a8e.JPG

If I can work up some energy, the Loon King will be next:

DSCN8587.thumb.JPG.90b34e0d5a4ce15b5d135d4209282a4d.JPG

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Al, you're not having trouble with the Flood I hope?

Not as yet. The flooding is in West Texas/New Mexico. The dam system on the Colorado River should keep us safe...probably.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I spent most of my craft time working on the G.W. Loon King (he will be the Mayor of the Goblin City). I was a difficult assembly & assembling is a weak point with me, I also decide to do a face swap. This is the result:

DSCN8592.thumb.JPG.63226ce2e106c7c6cc431778e09ba307.JPGDSCN8595.thumb.JPG.7a2c0857eca08da32385c8b0bcea3851.JPGDSCN8593.thumb.JPG.c1383979c1cd3232e9547fc56dbe9326.JPGDSCN8594.thumb.JPG.c36d5d20ab79e75ac75ba60e91c939a9.JPG

Until whenever.

• Like 8

What was the hard part about assembling the Loons?

It has been awhile since I assembled any-GW-things. I thought they were doing pegs and holes and making it mostly easier these days. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TGP said:

What was the hard part about assembling the Loons?

It has been awhile since I assembled any-GW-things. I thought they were doing pegs and holes and making it mostly easier these days. 

All the other new G.W. pieces were a joy to assemble. This one had odd ways of fitting together AND only one or two pegs that were easy to overlook.

The model is cool, but I couldn't recommend doing one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In a burst of what passes for energy, I got The Trio based & ready for their base coat:

DSCN8596.thumb.JPG.15e88ed63486e00a9183ec4fa62caa1a.JPG

The Shaman & The Boss (Knight Errant):

DSCN8597.thumb.JPG.8e967f49924a1ab4ad559e708eb330aa.JPGDSCN8598.thumb.JPG.8c0e467f8a7a479a0024f53e5a97372e.JPG

The Mayor:

DSCN8599.thumb.JPG.2f7f9d11bd62c648e8eb2350ef8f353d.JPGDSCN8600.thumb.JPG.93bded37f0e0113e0f2cba29ecb90c1d.JPG

The Mayor reminds me of Robert Wagner, the Mayor of New York when I was a boy.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

As soon as they get a basecoat they always show off the detail better.

These really have potential, they'll fit right into your world.

That King might even try to take over the Spooky Woods, he looks like he wants it all!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

As soon as they gat a basecoat they always show off the detail better.

These really have potential, they'll fit right into your world.

That King might even try to take over the Spooky Woods, he looks like he wants it all!

The base coat does make it easier to see things/details. The combination of base coat & photos pointed out a few mistakes that I corrected.

The King/Mayor seems more world weary than power hungry to me. Seeing alternate things in a piece makes it an interesting miniature.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, malefactus said:

The base coat does make it easier to see things/details. The combination of base coat & photos pointed out a few mistakes that I corrected.

The King/Mayor seems more world weary than power hungry to me. Seeing alternate things in a piece makes it an interesting miniature.

He reminds me of bit of this guy, hence the power hungry vibe.

image.png.b9e0f5a84b5a35917cd3e85304ce80d1.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

He reminds me of bit of this guy, hence the power hungry vibe.

There is a resemblance...that adds a a touch of creepiness to the mini. Not being a Star Wars fan, I didn't think of The Emperor.

It could be worse; he could look like The Donald.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I am trying to imagine a Goblin Voting Booth! Free booze, multi ballots, intimidation, voter fraud...

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Corsair said:

I am trying to imagine a Goblin Voting Booth! Free booze, multi ballots, intimidation, voter fraud...

...that's it: a typical American election or so it seems.

Politics & big business have become like a pond; i.e., the scum rises to the top.

• Haha 4