malefactus

The Last Hurrah Project..Photo Heavy

1 minute ago, malefactus said:

Thanks for the reply AND the idea, Glitter.

I have a few of the Reaper Familiar pack & a couple from Rackham. They are wonderful little characters. I hadn't thought of using them on the bases until now, that is. I have used the little Monk from Dark Hold quite often, but the Familiars went unnoticed.

There are many cool little animals and imps and such in those packs, I'm sure they will fit right in.

• Thanks 1

SO another of the Supporting Cast Mushroom bases is crafted & ready for paint:

DSCN8673.thumb.JPG.be50840c2af6440b681ecd0977df9592.JPGDSCN8674.thumb.JPG.4cf09b9bc676d5d53808e80ba097e4bc.JPGDSCN8675.thumb.JPG.27e3e06e3baee416e775d27bfec47b79.JPG

With an eve popular Group Pic:

DSCN8677.thumb.JPG.b514e5cdaf4c36261be9a745b5542184.JPG

I also came up with a new variety of Mushroom. These were made to work with some of the smaller mushroom in The Box. Usually I do the smaller ones to match the personable Mushrooms.

DSCN8678.thumb.JPG.ada72dbceb7e901bda5f1952620841ad.JPGDSCN8680.thumb.JPG.b3062fed67d6e05685f0676c2d6da8af.JPG 

Until whenever.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

There are many cool little animals and imps and such in those packs, I'm sure they will fit right in.

There definitely are some fine possibilities. The Faerie Folk & some of the odder Familiars, in particular, would add a nice finishing touch.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

And the mushrooms will find them delicious!

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, malefactus said:

There definitely are some fine possibilities. The Faerie Folk & some of the odder Familiars, in particular, would add a nice finishing touch.

Another idea would be to look into 10mm and 15mm figures from other ranges.

Some demons/elves/succubi etc from that scale would transfer to small forest creatures or animals for your world.

I think the Spooky Woods and The Blight will look even more interesting with more birds, rats, weasels, rabbits, imps, fairies, insects etc.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Corsair said:

And the mushrooms will find them delicious!

...Faerie hors d'oeuvres. Pixies on Ritz crackers...everything is better when it flits on a Ritz.

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Another idea would be to look into 10mm and 15mm figures from other ranges.

Some demons/elves/succubi etc from that scale would transfer to small forest creatures or animals for your world.

I think the Spooky Woods and The Blight will look even more interesting with more birds, rats, weasels, rabbits, imps, fairies, insects etc.

I am reluctant to add more miniatures to The Vault. The smaller scales have a tendency to come in multiple mini packs.

I was thinking of doing up some of my Dark Sword Critters. Their pack of Foxes might be something to consider. AND I do have quite a few Dark Hold Goblin Monks & Reaper Vultures.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, malefactus said:

...Faerie hors d'oeuvres. Pixies on Ritz crackers...everything is better when it flits on a Ritz.

I am reluctant to add more miniatures to The Vault. The smaller scales have a tendency to come in multiple mini packs.

I was thinking of doing up some of my Dark Sword Critters. Their pack of Foxes might be something to consider. AND I do have quite a few Dark Hold Goblin Monks & Reaper Vultures.

Foxes and Vultures and those Monks will fit right in!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Foxes and Vultures and those Monks will fit right in!

...AND  I will be doing some homegrown Snails of various sizes & degrees of anthropomorphism. The Dark Sword Anthropomorphic Critters look like they will work well with my Mushrooms, Trees, & Stuff...I have a box of them waiting for attention. All I need is to quit sleeping & live for another fifty or so years.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, malefactus said:

...AND  I will be doing some homegrown Snails of various sizes & degrees of anthropomorphism. The Dark Sword Anthropomorphic Critters look like they will work well with my Mushrooms, Trees, & Stuff...I have a box of them waiting for attention. All I need is to quit sleeping & live for another fifty or so years.

I was wondering about the snails, I remember you showing off some tiny shells, with some putty you can make a lot of those.

Tiny snails on mushrooms, crawling up a tree, on the hat of a character..possibilities!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I was wondering about the snails, I remember you showing off some tiny shells, with some putty you can make a lot of those.

Tiny snails on mushrooms, crawling up a tree, on the hat of a character..possibilities!

I have quite a range of sizes with the shells. Some are quite tiny & others are as large as the Steam Punk Snail you sent me.

The natural colors of the shells are lovely. I am torn between painting them or leaving them as they are. Leaving them might be difficult with all the green stuffing &  spray finishes. I'll figure it out.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, malefactus said:

I have quite a range of sizes with the shells. Some are quite tiny & others are as large as the Steam Punk Snail you sent me.

The natural colors of the shells are lovely. I am torn between painting them or leaving them as they are. Leaving them might be difficult with all the green stuffing &  spray finishes. I'll figure it out.

Hm, you could always paint over the original shell trying to redo the job nature did if the shells are contaminated with hobby products.

Be careful though those real ones are fragile.

I have a little bottle of tiny snail and seashells for basing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

YET ANOTHER Mushroom base is assembled & ready for base coating...once the glue dries:

DSCN8683.thumb.JPG.37a454acfe53573294bd08fd8ccc6285.JPGDSCN8684.thumb.JPG.814b65391c9bf36bf336301178434e6a.JPGDSCN8685.thumb.JPG.f3378482184e24b6604b21748b3ee83c.JPG

It has a follow the Yellow Brick Road...TO HELL! feel to it.

• Like 4

I love that base!

Any mini placed on there will be running the gauntlet!

Those looming shrooms are awesome!

image.png.033fdc90914ea58246dde9a6b7780bb7.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I love that base!

Any mini placed on there will be running the gauntlet!

Those looming shrooms are awesome!

Wandering through them all was the idea. I hadn't intially thought of adding a mini or minis, but that might make the piece more interesting. I do have a few Goblin Volunteers in mind...a pair of Goblin Beasts of Burden types from Lead Adventure or Enigma's Horug & Sniff in particular.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, malefactus said:

Wandering through them all was the idea. I hadn't intially thought of adding a mini or minis, but that might make the piece more interesting. I do have a few Goblin Volunteers in mind...a pair of Goblin Beasts of Burden types from Lead Adventure or Enigma's Horug & Sniff in particular.

I think some Gobbo being watched by these shrooms would be awesome.

Not sure if the Goblin would feel the same way though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1