The Last Hurrah Project..Photo Heavy

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumors of my death have been somewhat exaggerated.
To give you a recap of the Cap'n John Saga: Last Thursday I had to call the EMTs after John took a fall & I couldn't get him up. They took him to the local hospital.
He had had a stroke. He had a second stroke earlier this week. He will be going to a rehabilitation facility in Austin today or whenever he is up to the trip. Eventually he will be going to a nursing home near his sister on Long Island.
I will be moving when I can...somewhere. SO I won't be posting much for awhile.
Take care everyone; I shall return!

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

26 minutes ago, malefactus said:

To give you a recap of the Cap'n John Saga: Last Thursday I had to call the EMTs after John took a fall & I couldn't get him up. They took him to the local hospital.
He had had a stroke. He had a second stroke earlier this week. He will be going to a rehabilitation facility in Austin today or whenever he is up to the trip. Eventually he will be going to a nursing home near his sister on Long Island.

Good luck Al.

Stay safe and take care of yourself.

Hope all turns out well for you in the moving department and that Capn' John will be in good hands.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Good luck Al.

Stay safe and take care of yourself.

Hope all turns out well for you in the moving department and that Capn' John will be in good hands.

Thanks, Glitter. I have found that I am surrounded by good & caring folk.

• Like 3

On 8/19/2021 at 5:48 AM, malefactus said:

Take care and best wishes for the move and all.... sounds hard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Iridil said:

Take care and best wishes for the move and all.... sounds hard.

Thanks, Iridil. It is all so sudden that I am a bit overwhelmed. I am getting some help from the girls at my bank...they are far more organized than myself.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2021 at 6:16 PM, AussieAusborn said:

Loving thoughts being sent to you and John. Wishing the best for his recovery.

As always, love the project. As many have said, that green is really swell!

Thanks, Aussie. I appreciate the thoughts.

Things have been NUTS here. The latest is that John has opted for an assisted living place in Pflugerville (about 90 miles from here). He will be transported there on the 13th.

Saturday I will be bringing him his clothes, check books, & such. I just finished boxing up his clothes.

Tomorrow my friend, Lauren, plans to stop by to help out. We will load up the car for Saturday's trip.

THEN I will start getting ready for an escape. Where I will be going & how I will get there God only knows...He hasn't let me in on the details.

• Like 3