The Last Hurrah Project..Photo Heavy

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Iridil said:

Hmm... wonder if there is a third... doesn;t trouble comes in threes? Love the hat!

There was a third one in the pack, but he/she/whatever wound up unmodified on a Mushroom base sometime ago.

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

looks great again!

I wonder, is there maybe a princess kissing princes and wizards and turning them into frogs this time?

Thanks, Glitter. How it occurred is a mystery, but now witch & wizard are stuck in a form the no one takes serious...until it is too late.

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

YES!! He has a friend, very cool!

It is the sort of relationship that brings to mind exchanges between Alice & Ralph on The Honeymooners.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm always blown away by how characterful each of your little miniatures turn out, as well by all of the wonderful little details in your world, from the faces of the trees to the occasional eyeballs peeking out from hidden nooks and crannies.

I'd love to know just how far reaching your little kingdom has grown,  I imagine you need a Tardis or magical bag of holding to store it all by this point! :lol:

Edited by Dan S
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Dan S said:

I'm always blown away by how characterful each of your little miniatures turn out, as well by all of the wonderful little details in your world, from the faces of the trees to the occasional eyeballs peeking out from hidden nooks and crannies.

I'd love to know just how far reaching your little kingdom has grown,  I imagine you need a Tardis or magical bag of holding to store it all by this point! :lol:

Thanks for the kind reply. Dan S. I am delighted that you enjoy my stuff.

Even though I have given away a fair number of pieces to friend, I still have far too many things to display them properly. There are several hundred pieces packed away awaiting viewing.

Since you like the creepy eyes, you should like this:

Yesterday I painted the watery areas of the base, the reeds, & the creepy eyes:

DSCN0401.thumb.JPG.f0a378dec6147bc3500a6bf28254d217.JPG

DSCN0402.thumb.JPG.c693cc7e69b2c961e72d112d8071e1d4.JPG

DSCN0403.thumb.JPG.0fb18e953d50bb4f1989f5c4f6e37904.JPG

with a closer look at the creepy eyes:

DSCN0404.thumb.JPG.5e605c411a71de93cc360661b91d81a3.JPG

More whenever. 

• Like 7

Awesome!

I love those walls as well, great worn look.

The eyes and faces are a great touch it's a trademark of yours by now.

One day you should unpack it all and take pictures of the whole setup, maybe on a dining table or even in the garden at a nice day?

It would be amazing to see the whole World.

Anyway, it's always a pleasure to see your work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome!

I love those walls as well, great worn look.

The eyes and faces are a great touch it's a trademark of yours by now.

One day you should unpack it all and take pictures of the whole setup, maybe on a dining table or even in the garden at a nice day?

It would be amazing to see the whole World.

Anyway, it's always a pleasure to see your work.

Thanks, Glitter. I am happy you like the piece. The eyes are a carry over from my cartoons. I think I may have mentioned that before; Old Guys are noted for repeating their stories.

Unfortunately, most of the boards were left in Texas with a couple of friend. SO that part of The Last Hurrah will see no new photos. The new Swamp pieces are meant as a replacement.

• Like 3

@malefactus as long as fun is had, all is good, right?

Looking forward to see the Swamp develop.

I love swamps, many options to include witches, trolls, goblins, rats, undead, snakes and frogs, turtles, newts, crocodiles, birds, all sorts of mushrooms and plants, the occasional dragon or wyrm.

So many ideas and with your buildings a swamp town will attract all sorts of adventurers and mercenaries.

Maybe the Crown will send some Soldiers or Nobles to investigate this remote part of the Realm, who knows what will happen?

Botanists and Scientists will love to visit the place to search for new species or maybe to indulge in experiments that are frowned upon in the big city.

I'll be watching this.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

@malefactus as long as fun is had, all is good, right?

Looking forward to see the Swamp develop.

I love swamps, many options to include witches, trolls, goblins, rats, undead, snakes and frogs, turtles, newts, crocodiles, birds, all sorts of mushrooms and plants, the occasional dragon or wyrm.

So many ideas and with your buildings a swamp town will attract all sorts of adventurers and mercenaries.

Maybe the Crown will send some Soldiers or Nobles to investigate this remote part of the Realm, who knows what will happen?

Botanists and Scientists will love to visit the place to search for new species or maybe to indulge in experiments that are frowned upon in the big city.

I'll be watching this.

Thanks, Glitter. There are all sorts of ideas swirling lazily through my head. I have to stock up om building materials, but that will eventually happen. By the time it does I should have a clearer picture of where things will be going. I never run out of things I would like to do.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I'll be watching this.

And the residents of the swamp will find them delicious!

• Haha 3