• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been working on The Project for some time now; inflicting various W.I.P. & finished photos on various & sundry Forums. Now your time has come. To start off, we'll take the Tour of Compo

AND as promised or threatened, if you prefer, a view of the Spooky Woods, Part I:   The Woods in the Distance: A Long & Winding Road:   Some Closeups: I h

While I'm at it... While I had hoped eventually to use the boards for gaming, with or without an opponent, in the interim they do make fine backgrounds for miniature photos & an occasional st

Posted Images

Agreed about the flower!  Very Alice in Wonderland.  As a random-ish question:  Is that fairy holding pliers? 

Thanks for the reply, Darkmeer. She has a bloody (actually sap covered, but sappy doesn't sound horrifying) pair of shears...the murder weapon. The shears have the serrated blades of a pinking shear...a horrible way to go.

No wonder the flower looks so worried!  That is wonderfully twisted, sir.

• Like 2

No wonder the flower looks so worried!  That is wonderfully twisted, sir.

The Garden is lush & vibrant simply because the Flora are terrified not to be. I think the Alice in Wonderland reference was right on the money.

Thanks again, Darkmeer...I like a little touch of the creepy.

• Like 2

Not exactly Earth shaking progress, but progress nonetheless. I did up the Crazy Girls wings, hair, & flesh tones:
DSCN1688.JPG

DSCN1685.JPG

DSCN1683.JPG

DSCN1682.JPG

DSCN1681.JPG

...there you have it...such as it is. This is actually the first time I've chronicled a piece 's progress on a daily basis. The normal thing for moi is to post the based & base coated mini; when next seen, it's done. I must say...well I don't really have to say, but I think I will anyway...I am finding it a motivating way to paint.

• Like 8

Awesome Work!

Looks like the Gold Kin nig itt doesn't trust her from the pics!

I think Herman is gettin' all Poison on us....

Thanks for the positive reply. knarthex. I am happy you like her so far.

The Girl doesn't inspire much trust...a fair amount of terror, but not a lot of trust. Taking photos on the work table has yielded some interesting/funny stories. It's a cool seeing how active everyone's imagination is. There are a lot of creative Folk on the forum & not just with brush & palette.

• Like 3

Your world does tickle the imagination..

I like the butterfly wings, it gives her a camouflage of innocence.

Till she getÅ› close and you can see her insane grin and the cruel pliers she's carrying.

Thanks, Xherman...I aim to tickle.

The false sense of security ploy works well for The Girl. Of course, at 45mm in height to the top of her head (50mm to the wing tips), there is an intimidation factor also.

The grin & the shears were what prompted the scene. The Girl is more than a few sandwiches shy of a picnic.

• Like 3

Yeah, seeing her coming toward me definitely wouldn't be a reassuring sight. ::):

Aside from the bloody shears, insane smile, & towering stature the Girl is just misunderstood. She's not even that nice. Our ladystorm pointed out that she is a Fairy Meat Miniature, which would make her potentially a cannibal as well. So much for initially reminding me of Goldie Hawn.

• Like 3