Sign in to follow this  
Pragma

Pragma's WIP

that hair. Oh my, that hair. it looks wonderful.

as to the colour choices, I think you're doing very well. Flamboyant, without being garish.

• Like 1

The colours look good, complimentary without being too 'in your face'.

I would possibly put in another transition colour between the shadow and the highlight on the green, but that may just be the photo.

The Hair is really great, excellent, in fact.

• Like 1

The color choices are great and complement each other well. The only thing standing out to me is the lack of highlighting on the reds at this time, I'm assuming since this is WiP section you'll get to it

I'd add another highlight on the hair over her left eye, I don't know if its the photo but it looks to dark for the light direction.

Great model and good work!

Loth

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the compliments and advice. At first I thought I overdid it with the hair highlights over the right eye ... but now that I see it works, I should overdo the left one to match. The red hasn't been shaded or highlighted at all yet, but I will probably get to that next. One of the main things I need to practice is getting those smooth blends, so I'm sure that will be an ongoing struggle.

Excellent colors! The only one I'd add would maybe be a hint of an off-white like linen white, or light gray. Somewhere. Maybe as edging on the red scarf or the bottom of the dress? Wherever you want our eyes to focus on in the model. Love the hair. Great start!

• Like 1

Slow progress on Seoni aka Valen Glorious.

post-8559-0-03132400-1371924930.jpgpost-8559-0-38363200-1371924927.jpg

I added brown to the bags, sandals and staff, some white for the pearls (which I really like) and gold accents in various places.

I don't like the way the dagger or the (whatever that thing on her left is, quiver full of cylinders?) turned out, so those will get redone but I'm not sure how yet. I still need to add some shading, and probably some trim or other freehand on the dress. I was thinking maybe a white and gold trim.

I also want to do a marble effect on the base, but that's probably a little out of my league at this point.

• Like 10

might be a scroll case?

I found some marble tutorials:

http://www.mainlymedieval.com/ozpainters/viewtopic.php?t=985&sid=baa7648b6683de47ba6ac3a953016233

http://chestofcolors.com/how-to-paint-marble-bases/

it actually wasn't so bad, it just took a lot of layers, and the nice thing is, the more stuff you put on it, the more scuffed and layered it looks.

there was one more-can't find it... I'll keep looking...

• Like 1

Scroll case, of course! I was going for some kind of glass vial effect but it wasn't really working for me.

And thanks for the tutorials. It looks like it will be a challenge, but I'm giving it a shot.

I sort of followed the first marble tutorial, but I decided to do a slightly different style of marble. The steps were mostly the same, but the colours and pattern were a little different.

post-8559-0-79004400-1372391675.jpgpost-8559-0-89669000-1372391677.jpg

• Like 12

Love your color choices. Is it just the lighting* or are you fading from blue down to green on the robe? Because that's awesome.

*I can see different temperature lighting in the shadows