I'll Be Happy When The Kickstarter Is All Shipped

The sad thing is, I'm pretty sure that even after all Bones have been shipped for all levels of complexity that people will still complain.

Of that I have no doubt, but at least when all of us have our packages we can directly address some of the issues if we have the item to compare it to in hand, and in addition to that we'll have oodles of celebratory New Bones threads to balance it out.

(Incidentally, I realized when I looked that after my Minotaur it's only the Dwarf and Vampire lady left from the First 29 so when I get a chance - eventually - to finish him I'll try to get them done, too)

• Like 1
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am intrigued and fascinated by the aspects of international shipping that is involved with all of this.

... they've posted, in reply to others, the status of the containers (all are in the water) so there's really nothing else to say and I don't think people quite grasp that.

I am sure that the holding companies that ultimately own the ships know precisely where they are 24/7 thanks to GPS and satellite links and what not. But I wonder if via the internet the general public can track the progress of a specific container ship? [Maybe this is tightly held info? as it would benefit pirates in some waters?? :upside: ]

That would be fun to get updates if it was possible: "SS Maersk Liverpool crossed the international dateline at..." and such like.

If the shipping container gets swept overboard - at least the bones can be used for research in tracking ocean currents and stuff.

Does (can) a container float if it goes overboard? I am thinking that usually they sink, but I dunno. I expect they are rainproof but not absolutely water-tight.

The sad thing is, I'm pretty sure that even after all Bones have been shipped for all levels of complexity that people will still complain.

On a further note, I've seen several vampire packages on Ebay while browsing for old Grenadier and Parthas, where are people getting the "value of x" from that is over 1k? I'm confused.

I think at some point someone totted up the prices of the metal minis the Kickstarter minis were based on and it was somewhat over $1000.

The plastic ones, of course, would cost considerably less, even at retail store prices, but somehow it was that $1100 or whatever it was that got stuck in people's minds.

Couple that with a human tendency to believe that what one has is worth more than it actually is and a possibility to be starry-eyed about the value of what one is selling, and one gets Ebay claims like the ones you saw.

• Like 3

Does (can) a container float if it goes overboard? I am thinking that usually they sink, but I dunno. I expect they are rainproof but not absolutely water-tight.

Found the answer to my own question: http://webecoist.momtastic.com/2011/04/19/deep-cargo-an-ocean-of-lost-shipping-containers/

[i still tend to forget that if I am connected to the internet I can ask it almost anything but rather than do that I will ask a collection of 'hoomans' first. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?]

I've had two other kickstarters send out updates this week that they are delayed. On both of them, EVERY reply to the update is positive. The closest they get to negative is things like "I wish they wee here already but understand the delay." type stuff.

So, don´t came closer to the Thoughest Girls of the Galaxy Commentaries, I am glad we don´t have a Lincoln with a Shotgunaxe here.

The guy started complaining as soon as the project started.

Edited by naponatom

Speaking of that, seems I'm not the only one with a love for the old style Bones orcs. I just placed an order and wound up with a credit because they're all out of Orc Swordsmen now. In other words, the replacement shipment of Bones 6 months back are being exhausted.

I guess that dispels the idea of legions of disgruntled customers, because that's a lot of orc buying!

• Like 3

As someone who got into the hobby after the kickstarter ended, I am so very tempted to offer to buy out some of those super-complainer pledges.

I mean, it only makes sense that if they are complaining so vehemently, they should leap at the chance to be done with the entire thing, right?

But seriously, I'll be happy when the kickstarter is all shipped because it will mean that all of the awesome BONES in the preview gallery (and maybe more?) will become available for me to buy. And I'll be perfectly happy paying full pop (BONES are great partly because of their price anyways right?). Although the rumors of a $400 retail vampire box have me all tingly... I don't know if I could swing that by the fiancee, but I'd be tempted to try.

Best example I ever saw of this was over on the paizo boards - one guy (well more than one really but one guy in particular) has been the kind of frothing at the mouth furious like buglips describes for quite some time so another posters offers to buy out his entire KS pledge for 10 or 20% more than he paid for it. I've never seen someone shut up so fast on the internet before - I mean that was a while ago and he still hasn't posted to that same thread!

• Like 1

I've been waiting on my OGRE kickstarter for over a year now and it's just now ready to start manufacturing and right it's looking October before it ships. Come complain to when Bones is that far behind.

In the meantime nobody is shooting at me and I'm not diving for cover from incoming rockets, life is good.

• Like 3