buckyball

Buckyball's kickstarter vampire workshop

Wow incredible! Can't wait to see the group shots!

Here they are in one big group.  I photographed them in sunlight so it is not the best picture.  I will try to get a better picture at my FLGS next time I go there.

post-7580-0-94015500-1394492328_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

I can't IMAGINE getting all of those done.

I can't even speculate how much paint and how many brushes you went through to accomplish this !

Incredible job !

Thanks a lot for the incredible work -- very inspirational.  I wanted to do exactly what you did: spend all summer painting Bones -- but I didn't get them until the end of the summer.

Now, THIS summer I am going to be looking at your thread all the time. 

I really liked the strategic grouping of miniatures as a means of painting them together.  Very intuitive but just the kind of thing I am terrible at figuring out. 

Congratulations and thanks again!

I can't IMAGINE getting all of those done.

I can't even speculate how much paint and how many brushes you went through to accomplish this !

Incredible job !

I used up two Da Vinci 0 brushes and my cheapo primer brush.  I have no idea how much paint I used, but I went through one full bottle of Reaper Master series white primer, and I was on my third bottle of Reaper matte sealer when I was done.  There were however about another twenty or so non-bones miniatures I painted for other games, and I let other people use my paints at a mini painting workshop at bubonicon.  So the 2+ bottles of sealer is a bit of an overestimate.

buckyball

• Like 2

Thanks a lot for the incredible work -- very inspirational.  I wanted to do exactly what you did: spend all summer painting Bones -- but I didn't get them until the end of the summer.

Now, THIS summer I am going to be looking at your thread all the time. 

I really liked the strategic grouping of miniatures as a means of painting them together.  Very intuitive but just the kind of thing I am terrible at figuring out. 

Congratulations and thanks again!

If you want to see the master of strategic grouping, check out Paul Ward's painting logs at Matakishi's Tea House.

http://www.matakishi.com/pastpaintinglogs.htm

This guy's productivity is insane.  He makes me look like I am painting at a snail's pace. 

buckyball

• Like 1

Here is a link to a photo of my latest WIP from the original Kickstarter.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/56455-77177-wyrmgear-clockwork-dragon-from-dragon-of-the-month/?p=938275

It is the Clockwork Dragon and it is the last of the dragon minis that I had included as an add-on in my first Kickstarter order. I wanted to finish it before the miniatures from Kickstarter II come.

Buckyball

Edited by buckyball
  • Like 3

Here are photos of the tail end of the remaining bones miniatures I had got a year ago

post-7580-0-53238600-1411339863_thumb.jpg

post-7580-0-13635800-1411339883_thumb.jpg

These had been add-ons from last year's Kickstarter

I guess I am now ready for this year's Kickstarter

buckyball

• Like 10

When I started this mass painting project I had no idea how often I would need  the figures. Originally I had a vague idea of what games I could use them in. But I could not have anticipated the new games that came along, that happened to use fantasy miniatures. I am very pleased with the use the miniatures get in all the games I play, and I am glad I painted so many miniatures just to have. I think there is a base number of figures gamers should just finish so they will be available. Then you can build on what you have already painted as the need arises.

buckyball

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Pragma said:

Impressive painting and thread necromancy :)

The core set was called a vampire box. I think it is fitting that it should not die.

Buckyball 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1