You know what, thinking about the size of the box I'm getting... I'm glad I've been rock climbing for a year and a half or else I wouldn't be able to pick up the box (or boxes). If it's one box it's going to be huge and clock in at over 10kg I think. With two kaladrax, three vampire, 2 nethyrmaul and various many others.

• Like 1

So can anyone explain how such a mix-up is possible? I thought they cast them directly from a master. How did they make a mold way too big?

They use the masters to create 3d digital renderings which are then carved into a block of steel. The digital files can be scaled anyway they want.

Sounds like you're probably imagining something closer to how the molds for the metal castings are made.

Huh, interesting. I didn't realize there was much difference between the casting process of Bones and metal, just material. I'm impressed they can get that much detail from a digital scan!

Actually making the physical model is not even required. Just 3D sculpt it on a computer to generate the data to machine the molds.

The size would explain the 75 dollar retail. I initially thought that was the standard mark up for the large items from kick starter to retail but it is a special case. Glad I got one but no idea where I am going to put it though.

That may not be the right question to ask: Once new Kaladrax moves into your house, where is he going to place you? :poke:

• Like 6

Perhaps I missed the answer to my about to be proposed question, but here it is anyways. So if kaladrax was made larger than expect, is this going to be the standard purchased kaladrax or will he be recast once the ks has passed? Will those who bought the ks have a "special" limited edition kaladrax?

Perhaps I missed the answer to my about to be proposed question, but here it is anyways. So if kaladrax was made larger than expect, is this going to be the standard purchased kaladrax or will he be recast once the ks has passed? Will those who bought the ks have a "special" limited edition kaladrax?

It would be to expensive to have Kaladrax redone. He regular price tag will be $75. I don't know how many they had made over what is needed for the Kickstarter .Its possible that he will go out of production quite quickly as well. But they won't be redoing the mold.

To the best of my knowledge all of the BONES started out as regular "greens" no digital rendering was done. The greens were sent and digitally scanned and the molds created from the scans. Its certainly possible that in the future we may well see 3D renders for miniatures that are going directly to the BONES line. Reaper hasn't said one way or another at this time.

• Like 1

Of course for role playing purposes...im hard pressed to think of what his stats would be..or how the party would deal with Kaladrax. If you keep to scale..he would be atleast Gargantuan draco liche..but I feel even Gargantuan is a bit of an understatement for him. Anyone want to create some 3.5 or Pathfinder stats for his new scale?

• Like 1

I'm thinking he's going to be an ancient statue built by a long dead civilization... lol.. seriously though.. why would you even fight something that big..

I'm thinking he's going to be an ancient statue built by a long dead civilization... lol.. seriously though.. why would you even fight something that big..

Because sometimes the mountain needs to be punched?

• Like 9

Of course for role playing purposes...im hard pressed to think of what his stats would be..or how the party would deal with Kaladrax. If you keep to scale..he would be atleast Gargantuan draco liche..but I feel even Gargantuan is a bit of an understatement for him. Anyone want to create some 3.5 or Pathfinder stats for his new scale?

For Pathfinder I'm planning to stat him up at some point as (probably) a Great Wyrm Red Dragon, with either the Lich or Ravener template (pathfinder got rid of the dracolich template, everything uses lich now). Ravener if I can manage to get the soul flame effect right on this 'miniature'. Either way, this will make him at least CR 24.

Yes, my players are probably going to have to fight him, and not even as the final boss of the campaign. Yes, I'm an evil gm. ;)

Edited by Matrix Dragon
  • Like 2

I use my Colossal Red WotC Dragon to stand in for any dragon larger than huge...and honestly, I have used it in place of huge-sized ones too. I figure that I might as well use the big dragon I have every chance I can.

The big three will likely fit the same category for me (well, the one I have coming and any of the rest that I end up getting).

My players may be reading, so I'd like to assure them that I totally have no plans for Kaladrax and there is zero chance you will ever encounter him, and he most definitely won't destroy you so hard your ancestors will feel it. Indeed, henceforth the campaign will be filled with fluffy things that like to share hugs, and love, and have little tea parties under pastel-coloured toadstools. And I give my most solemn word that any Very Scary Things included in the Kickstarter package are intended for display only and not for tactical use in a hex-grid situation.

For realsies,

-Irony Man

• Like 15

Tea Party with the Big Three? Sounds like an award winning diorama to me...

• Like 2

I was actually thinking of one where they're sitting around with a bunch of dismembered adventurers and one of them is curled up and sick-looking while another one looks on disdainfully while pulling off a Paladin's plate mail and the dio caption is "I told you, you gotta take the shells off before you eat 'em."

• Like 21

I was actually thinking of one where they're sitting around with a bunch of dismembered adventurers and one of them is curled up and sick-looking while another one looks on disdainfully while pulling off a Paladin's plate mail and the dio caption is "I told you, you gotta take the shells off before you eat 'em."

I'm hitting the like button repeatedly, but all it's doing is toggling my like on and off... :(

• Like 3