June 10 Update

Gremdel

The size would explain the 75 dollar retail. I initially thought that was the standard mark up for the large items from kick starter to retail but it is a special case. Glad I got one but no idea where I am going to put it though.

You can store it at my house if you'd like.

I didn't order one :(

• Like 1

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so am i crazy that, now that i;ve seen it,, i;m thinking of ordering a Nethyrmaul

when its released just so i can take putty to it and sculpt it as a LIVING dragon as

opposed to undead-ish

1. Yes; you're crazy. Worst case of figmentia I've seen.
  2. That's not necessarily a bad thing.
  • Like 1

If I thought my sculpting skills where half way up to the challenge, i would be joining in on doing something like that. I don't like dracoliches for something to display, which is why i didn't order him or kaly

same here

So can anyone explain how such a mix-up is possible? I thought they cast them directly from a master. How did they make a mold way too big?

They use the masters to create 3d digital renderings which are then carved into a block of steel. The digital files can be scaled anyway they want.

Sounds like you're probably imagining something closer to how the molds for the metal castings are made.

I don't know the process for the Bones, but I know from following Mantic that they actually sculpt the originals meant for their hard plastic injection sprues at 3 times the size of the final miniature. The masters are smaller copies based of that original.

So can anyone explain how such a mix-up is possible? I thought they cast them directly from a master. How did they make a mold way too big?

They use the masters to create 3d digital renderings which are then carved into a block of steel. The digital files can be scaled anyway they want.

Sounds like you're probably imagining something closer to how the molds for the metal castings are made.

Huh, interesting. I didn't realize there was much difference between the casting process of Bones and metal, just material. I'm impressed they can get that much detail from a digital scan!