June 10 Update

Gremdel

Perhaps I missed the answer to my about to be proposed question, but here it is anyways. So if kaladrax was made larger than expect, is this going to be the standard purchased kaladrax or will he be recast once the ks has passed? Will those who bought the ks have a "special" limited edition kaladrax?

It would be to expensive to have Kaladrax redone. He regular price tag will be $75. I don't know how many they had made over what is needed for the Kickstarter .Its possible that he will go out of production quite quickly as well. But they won't be redoing the mold.

To the best of my knowledge all of the BONES started out as regular "greens" no digital rendering was done. The greens were sent and digitally scanned and the molds created from the scans. Its certainly possible that in the future we may well see 3D renders for miniatures that are going directly to the BONES line. Reaper hasn't said one way or another at this time.

If there was enough demand to warrant it, they could probably make a metal or resin version based off of the original green. I'm skeptical that enough people would be interested in a more expensive, smaller version to make it worth their while, but you never know.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking he's going to be an ancient statue built by a long dead civilization... lol.. seriously though.. why would you even fight something that big..

Because your Mecha needs to shoot something with a Particle Beam and Missile spam before wading in with a Beam Sabre.

• Like 1

Perhaps I missed the answer to my about to be proposed question, but here it is anyways. So if kaladrax was made larger than expect, is this going to be the standard purchased kaladrax or will he be recast once the ks has passed? Will those who bought the ks have a "special" limited edition kaladrax?

It would be to expensive to have Kaladrax redone. He regular price tag will be $75. I don't know how many they had made over what is needed for the Kickstarter .Its possible that he will go out of production quite quickly as well. But they won't be redoing the mold.

To the best of my knowledge all of the BONES started out as regular "greens" no digital rendering was done. The greens were sent and digitally scanned and the molds created from the scans. Its certainly possible that in the future we may well see 3D renders for miniatures that are going directly to the BONES line. Reaper hasn't said one way or another at this time.

If there was enough demand to warrant it, they could probably make a metal or resin version based off of the original green. I'm skeptical that enough people would be interested in a more expensive, smaller version to make it worth their while, but you never know.

I'm much more interested in the possibility of a larger, resin Nethyrmaul than a smaller, resin (or metal) Kaladrax.

I'm much more interested in the possibility of a larger, resin Nethyrmaul than a smaller, resin (or metal) Kaladrax.

Larger? Just how large are you thinking about?

According to a source who attended Reapercon, Nethy was made smaller than originally planned to help offset Kallys larger than expected size.

Here is a brief discussion of it that includes a pic of the original green. http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/49460-preview-gallery/?p=721587

Edit: This thread has good pics of both with some nice shots of the final Nethyrmaul to compare the pic in the other thread. http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48842-bones-display-at-reapercon/

Edited by Dan Goodchild

Ron mentioned that they were thinking of producing the resin Nethy. There were two copies of it in the Miniatures room at Reaper. One painted by Martin and the other by Michael Proctor. I thought I had pictures of them but I haven't been able to find them. That Nethy is huge, he must stand 16" tall at least. He makes Kaladrax look small. I would guess that in resin he would be running over $200, easy. I know that there are pictures of both versions floating around here somewhere.

According to a source who attended Reapercon, Nethy was made smaller than originally planned to help offset Kallys larger than expected size.

Huh, finding out Nethy was shrunk is slightly disappointing... I ordered Nethy instead of Kaladrax based on the fact it was supposed to be the bigger fig. Kally getting upsized is no skin off my back, but nethy being shrunk as a result, well I would have swapped if I had known.

Edited by czak

Here is a brief discussion of it that includes a pic of the original green. http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/49460-preview-gallery/?p=721587

Edit: This thread has good pics of both with some nice shots of the final Nethyrmaul to compare the pic in the other thread. http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48842-bones-display-at-reapercon/

Note to self, do not post on the forums when heavily multi-tasking (also known as failing at several things at the same time).

I thought that you wanted a bigger Kaladrax, which is why I was so surprised.

Huh, finding out Nethy was shrunk is slightly disappointing... I ordered Nethy instead of Kaladrax based on the fact it was supposed to be the bigger fig. Kally getting upsized is no skin off my back, but nethy being shrunk as a result, well I would have swapped if I had known.

I like Nethyrmaul better because it's such a beautiful sculpt. Kaladrax is a nice figure, but Nethyrmaul is a piece of art.

• Like 9

My players may be reading, so I'd like to assure them that I totally have no plans for Kaladrax and there is zero chance you will ever encounter him, and he most definitely won't destroy you so hard your ancestors will feel it. Indeed, henceforth the campaign will be filled with fluffy things that like to share hugs, and love, and have little tea parties under pastel-coloured toadstools. And I give my most solemn word that any Very Scary Things included in the Kickstarter package are intended for display only and not for tactical use in a hex-grid situation.

For realsies,

-Irony Man

But....dnd isn't run on Hex-grid maps....XD I wish I'd gotten a Kally! I was gonna try my hand at DMing again and the thought of having him there on the sidelines, waiting....it's tempting.

You know, it occurred to me that with all my excitement and happiness about the resumption of shipping I didn't really heed what Reaper will be going through now. For one, they have to miss Origins, which is a pretty big con for them (I think? Never been there). They have to gear up for shipping which means quickly organizing everything from the remaining containers and making sure they go to the right pledges. And then, to top it all off, they're having night shifts. Reaper is only about 30+ strong. This is ALOT of work!! Thank you Reaper for doing so much for us, and I'm sorry I didn't notice this sooner! My offer of hugs and thank yous at Paizocon and PAX Prime still stand, and if I can manage it, free beverages (though not alcoholic). I'd probably need to know what you guys like though and if there's anything you can't have for whatever reason first. But know you guys are appreciated!! Thank you!

• Like 1

Wow! Well, ok....it's just the Dnd and Pathfinder books I've seen lately all have squares and no hexes for their pics. They also seem to just have rules for squares. I'm not used to dealing with hex grids for them, though I did briefly play with some mechs on one. Is it better to use hexes or squares?

Neither - they're equally useless in different ways. That's why within a few months we'll have switched over to unmarked terrain and inch scale with a ruler. It was a hex board when it came to me, and when I refurb'd it I asked if hexes or squares and the unanimous vote was hexes.

(It was redone in 2005, but looks way older because I used poor tape and paper. That's why comic collectors are so picky about material for storage, right there. Acid.)

Edited by buglips*the*goblin

Ah lol. I thought you were just saying "I will not use Kally with *specific system that I don't use* so no worries! <3". We have rolled-up mats in plastic traveling containers. They're all squares, which works fine, but we end up with drawn trees that look like they're boobs.