• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• buglips*the*goblin

• Last Knight

• ShadowRaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Smeg on a peg-leg, it makes a guys brain hurt being the rational, thoughtful good guy in internet discussions some days. Quick, somebody giveme something I can make an inane and dare I say stupud? comment on before i explode

Here you go, ShadowRaven.

cutest-kitten-hat-ever-13727-1238540322-

• Like 4

I could never think of a title for myself, so I never requested one... and I'm kinda afraid to ask what my hubby thinks mine should be. He might say something really silly/adorable. It's fine if he thinks I'm adorable, but it doesn't have to be out there for the whole interwebs to see!

Great. Now this whole line of thinking has germinated the seed of an idea of a Hunter: The Reckoning game I was debating about running for Halloween... Imagine the hunters running across a vampire, begin tracking him down and make all their plans to kill him, and then finding out he's in love with some human woman. I think I can make it work. Oh, moral conundrums, how you make my games so much better.

Perhaps look into the Vampire Hunter D novel, "Demon Deathchase" by Hideyuki Kikuchi. This is the basis of the second/newer Vampire Hunter D animated film.

I'd temporarily forgotten my obsession with the Vampire Hunter D novels when I made my last post. These vampires are certainly monstrous, but when compared to some of the humans in the book, the vampire in question looks saintly (that's a content warning there - disturbing material involved and I can give people a full content warning by PM for the first several books if they don't mind some spoilers).

I also forgot that I recently read a book by a friend of mine in her Vampire Musketeers series. Athos is by force made a vampire and struggles deeply with himself over it and whether he should off himself before he loses his humanity like others who are turned. I liked it, but again, there's some content warning involved. Not necessarily as squicky as some of the stuff in the Vampire Hunter D novel, though.

I guess those books fall under my umbrella as, "Cool in the small scale." and not under my aversion to the story being about vampires, which does still generally hold true.

• Like 1

Which do people prefer, Mary Janes or Squirrel Nut Zippers?

SNZ! Blue Angel, Prince Nez, Hell, Ghost of Stephen Foster, Put a Lid on It, Wash Jones, La Grippe ... so very much awesome.

Wait, are we talking about confections?

Meh, I don't care. I'm hitting youtube for some SNZ.

I do not recognize Mary Janes, and I only know Squirrel Nut Zippers from "In The Afterlife."

edit:... which is now playing in my head...

That would be "Hell", off of various albums. Solder-Sonic Radio did a Simpsons/Hell remix that's pretty awesome.

SNZ, but only because I am unfamiliar with Mary Janes (at least, unfamiliar enough to not recognize the name; might recognize a song if I heard it).

Plus Katharine Whalen is hot.

-Dave

• Like 1