• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• buglips*the*goblin

• Last Knight

• ShadowRaven

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say, it's less getting fired and more getting kicked out of this system. My company actually has offices in Denton, but my wife was against a transfer. Given that we may have no choice, shes more likely to be cool with a move.

But yes, I can't wait to get closer to Reaper. :D

-Dave

• Like 2

I will say, it's less getting fired and more getting kicked out of this system. My company actually has offices in Denton, but my wife was against a transfer. Given that we may have no choice, shes more likely to be cool with a move.

But yes, I can't wait to get closer to Reaper. :D

-Dave

Well, hurray for silver linings... fingers crossed for you guys, Dave.
  • Like 1

You'd like SNZ, "grandpa"

I actually knew of their existence before today (there's a poster on the cell* of a music teacher next to the cell of my son's music teacher), but I hadn't knowingly heard their stuff before. But that wouldn't have made for as good a comment.

From this sample, I like their instrumentals quite a lot more than their vocals. I tend to prefer either powerful music (Beethoven, AC/DC, JP Sousa ... the kind of thing best played with a good subwoofer and tolerant neighbors) or lyrical music (Abba, Stan Rogers, Jim Reeves, Fleetwood Mac). For me, this falls more in the Bob Dylan/Lead Belly range of stuff ... songs that I'd rather hear covered by a different singer.

Thanks for the link.

* If prisoners were put into tiny boxes with no windows or ventilation like those, it would be considered cruel and unusual.

Edited by Doug Sundseth

Mary Janes are little rectangles of molasses-flavored taffy wrapped around peanut butter.

Squirrel Nut Zippers are little rectangles of golden taffy with coarsely ground peanuts in.

Both come wrapped in yellow waxed paper, and both are made by the New England Confectionery Company, famed of NECCO wafers.

They are pretty obscure. I would say they are unknown outside of the Boston area, except that I just got a bag of each here in Chicago and am indulging in some happy childhood nostalgia.

I think it likely at least one member of the band Squirrel Nut Zippers was been born within smelling distance of Boston.

• Like 2

Back off-topic, I found out today that we might all be fired in the next month. So, I applied for a position in Ft. Worth, Texas.... I might be moving to Reaper's backyard!

-Dave

Dave as someone this recently happened to you have my sympathies. I got laid off in January, luckily I was re-employed within two weeks through a serendipitous happening. Sucks starting over at the bottom though.

Back off-topic, I found out today that we might all be fired in the next month. So, I applied for a position in Ft. Worth, Texas.... I might be moving to Reaper's backyard!

-Dave

Dave as someone this recently happened to you have my sympathies. I got laid off in January, luckily I was re-employed within two weeks through a serendipitous happening. Sucks starting over at the bottom though.

I hear ya'.

On the positive, the job I applied for is the next step up, a supervisor position. With my experience, I have good hopes of landing it; it's just a question of whether they want to find someone local first. Also, I'm not sure what company it's with (found it through the Cable Bar), and if it's my current company, I will laugh my posterior off. Transferring like that is easy.

-Dave

• Like 4