Randomness Challenge! Tangents Only Thread

Girot

I think Kit must secretly be Superman. I PM'd him about changing my forum title, stressing that I knew he was busy, this was low priority, etc. Literally 2 seconds later, I get a message back saying essentially that he'd done it (what he really said was "If the shoe fits"). ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 12

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• buglips*the*goblin

• Last Knight

• ShadowRaven

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Kit must secretly be Superman. I PM'd him about changing my forum title, stressing that I knew he was busy, this was low priority, etc. Literally 2 seconds later, I get a message back saying essentially that he'd done it (what he really said was "If the shoe fits"). ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Nah, Superman's not that techy. Batman on the other hand...

In six minutes, my mom and I are going to decide whether or not to preheat the oven, so that in 14 minutes we can bake shortbread.

Earlier tonight I happened to see the recipe for shortbread, was shocked at how easy it was, and when the internet went down for an hour and twenty minutes, I decided to spend the time on something more productive than whining up at the ceiling. I mixed the dough by hand. That means I can have extra cookies because I burned the calories, right?

One batch is plain and the other has crushed almonds. You are more than welcome to vicariously share with us. xD

• Like 3

... and now the inside of my ear is warm.... it feels wrong!! :blink:

*is now cleaning my morning coffee off my monitor*

EDIT: I would paint... but I don't feel like painting anything in my que. Stupid hydra... :grr:

Edited by Girot

Great. Now this whole line of thinking has germinated the seed of an idea of a Hunter: The Reckoning game I was debating about running for Halloween... Imagine the hunters running across a vampire, begin tracking him down and make all their plans to kill him, and then finding out he's in love with some human woman. I think I can make it work. Oh, moral conundrums, how you make my games so much better.

Perhaps look into the Vampire Hunter D novel, "Demon Deathchase" by Hideyuki Kikuchi. This is the basis of the second/newer Vampire Hunter D animated film.

I'd temporarily forgotten my obsession with the Vampire Hunter D novels when I made my last post. These vampires are certainly monstrous, but when compared to some of the humans in the book, the vampire in question looks saintly (that's a content warning there - disturbing material involved and I can give people a full content warning by PM for the first several books if they don't mind some spoilers).

I also forgot that I recently read a book by a friend of mine in her Vampire Musketeers series. Athos is by force made a vampire and struggles deeply with himself over it and whether he should off himself before he loses his humanity like others who are turned. I liked it, but again, there's some content warning involved. Not necessarily as squicky as some of the stuff in the Vampire Hunter D novel, though.

I guess those books fall under my umbrella as, "Cool in the small scale." and not under my aversion to the story being about vampires, which does still generally hold true.

I had forgotten that movie even though I own it and have seen it in the theater. I was thinking more of 'vampire is a total, horrible monster of no redeeming value... But he really loves this woman and takes care of her and she has no idea what kind of monster (both literal and figurative) he is.' Since I know I'd end up with a Redeemer or Innocent in the group, it would work for the conflict in the group I'd want.

Anybody here care to do some pro bono (that means for free) voice acting for me?

I could give it a shot, if you still need someone. Shoot me a PM. I have no experience with it, but I do (terrible) accents.

When I was six or so I was at a pool party and fell asleep on a raft in the pool... Then rolled over in my sleep and off the raft.

Thankfully it was a Coast Guard pool party and they pulled me out very quickly. But that feeling of near drowning has haunted me since. I hate water.

My dad grew up in the poor part of town and one of the things they would do for 'fun' was walk on the logs that were brought down river and kept floating until they were loaded on the ships. One time, my dad is walking along when one of the logs rolls and he is sucked between two logs in to the river. His friends are able (I have no idea how) to pull the logs just far enough apart to grab his flailing arm and pull him through the logs. He said it was like being crushed between two very rough and uneven rolling pins.

He has been terrified of the water ever since...

And I love to swim...

To go on a random tangent (that's what we're here for, right?), trying to find a cane that is neither expensive ($50+) but not gaudy nor boring is proving to be very tough. I guess I'm going to settle for boring black until I can find something better.

• Like 1

To go on a random tangent (that's what we're here for, right?), trying to find a cane that is neither expensive ($50+) but not gaudy nor boring is proving to be very tough. I guess I'm going to settle for boring black until I can find something better.

My best finds in that area and price range have been at state/county fairs and festivals.

My best finds in that area and price range have been at state/county fairs and festivals.

Hmm, I'll have to look into that. Thanks.