Randomness Challenge! Tangents Only Thread

Girot

I may be a little too enthusiastic in my expressions of appreciation for other people's posts. I went to 'like' one on my WIP thread, and got the following error message:

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day."

There's...there's a limit to how much happy I can express in one day? :down:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 9

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• buglips*the*goblin

• Last Knight

• ShadowRaven

Top Posters In This Topic

I think part of it may have been due to the fact that I stayed up waaaaaaaay later than usual, and spent most of that time bopping around the forums. I do tend to give out 'likes' like candy. I can't help it; if I appreciate or enjoy or agree with what someone has posted, I click the 'like' button. I do it on Facebook, and I've caught myself looking for one on forums that don't have that feature.

I think...I think I may be a 'like' addict. :blink:

Huzzah!

EDIT: Oh weird. I was able to like your post just fine.

Okay, so I'm just losing my mind, nothing new. Carry on, everyone.

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 8

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Mrs. Boot, I had the same thing happen to me not too long after I started here. ^_^ Kit fixed it tout suite.

eTA: a year ago, actually.http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/46158-you-have-reached-your-quota/

That was hilarious to read. I liked some posts in there because I, well, liked them. Plus, I couldn't pass up an opportunity for likeception. ::D: I liked the post that you linked related to my inability to like, telling about your inability to like as fast as you'd like, which resulted in other people liking your posts about not being able to like, and I couldn't resist liking the posts you made about your inability to like, as well as liking the posts of people mentioning that they were liking your posts for ironic purposes.

:devil:

Huzzah!

• Like 4

Because I know there's a few fans around... Looky Who I found!

photo_zps966fb2d7.jpg

Now I'll admit the Yahtzee part isn't a big draw for me... But a TARDIS dice cup!?!

Sign me up please!

(Am going to the store tomorrow to check it out in person)

• Like 3

So I wore this t-shirt while I was out running errands today. The guy at the drugstore noticed it and complimented me on it. (Usually this shirt generates more eye rolls than compliments) Which opened a more friendly dialog between us.

I go to check out, and I am looking at the tiny wine bottles and he informs me "I can't let you buy that." And I do get this reaction a lot so I assure him I am older than he thinks. He goes onto insist "Yeah, sorry you are much to young for that. I can't let you buy it." This he repeats several times as I continue to say things "Hah, thank you, but yes, I am much older than you think."

I don't end up buying any because I don't know how dry any of them are and don't need any for dinner tonight. So I didn't get to prove him wrong, but it's hilarious that he was so insisting that he wasn't going to break the rules, With the unspoken, possible implication that he was considering it just because I was wearing such an awesome shirt. :lol:

(And I haven't been carded since my 40th birthday, so it felt good to have it happen again. Though now it seems the only people who do card me are the ones who SWEAR I have to be underage.)

• Like 6

What's with the consecutive posts about "liking" and "dr. who" stuff? What happened to the rule that "anybody making any kind of sense or facilitating continuity will be abducted and sent to an Aperture Science facility."

Rutabagas.

Edited by MatrissaTheEnchantress
  • Like 2