• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buglips*the*goblin

• ub3r_n3rd

• ShadowRaven

• Last Knight

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night before work I noticed that my utility room, where my cat's litter box is, smelled very strongly of cat pee. I thought to myself "I need to clean the cat box when I get home." and then went about my normal routine of getting ready and going to work. I came home this morning to find that the cat pee smell was exponentially stronger and I wondered why. I took the lid off the cat box and it wasn't too bad, but I changed the litter completely since it had been about a month since the last full replacement. However, the smell didn't immediately fade to almost nothing like it normally does, which bothered me. I went and sniffed a pile of laundry that I had left by the washing machine, since in the past when I've been neglectful of the cat box she's peed on my clothes before, but it was fine. Then, as I turned around, I noticed where she had peed - in my open toolbox.

I was livid. And it wasn't like she had just peed in there once. Since it was open she peed in both the main portion and in the lid, at least once in each area, over the course of maybe 20 hours tops. All my wrenches and pliers were soaked in cat pee. I had to throw out a bunch of stuff like rubber gaskets and fuses and the like because their cardboard containers were soaked through with pee and I wasn't about to try to wash a bunch of small, cheap, easily replaceable items. The whole thing was just this rancid, ammonia-smelling, hell-box. It took me about an hour to wash everything twice with hot water and a lot of dish soap. And there's still a faint hint of cat pee smell in the toolbox.

I am not a happy man right now, and my cat and I are no longer on speaking terms. She'll have the house to herself for the rest of the week though, because I'm gonna be house-sitting my mom's place and taking care of her dog. She'll be fine with her oversized litter box, water fountain, and automatic feeder, so it's almost like we're having a minor breakup. Except she's not going to stay at her mother's for a while, I am.

• Like 1

From the UPS website:

07/03/2013 5:36 A.M. Out For Delivery

Wanna bet it's 5:36 PM before my bones are delivered?

I have a UPS notice for my Amazon order containing the above Rudy Reyes book. It took 12 hours to travel half the north american continent from Ontario to here. According to the estimated delivery time, it will take an additional 3-5 days to make the rest of the journey . . . across town.

• Like 1

From the UPS website:

07/03/2013 5:36 A.M. Out For Delivery

Wanna bet it's 5:36 PM before my bones are delivered?

I have a UPS notice for my Amazon order containing the above Rudy Reyes book. It took 12 hours to travel half the north american continent from Ontario to here. According to the estimated delivery time, it will take an additional 3-5 days to make the rest of the journey . . . across town.

I've had a UPS shipment take 7 business days to make the roughly 3 hour trip from the capitol of my state to where I live.

• Like 1

For the video gamers, Cube World went up for sale (still alpha, pay to dev model). Then the site promptly imploded. You can register now, but the store is still down. This is important info because Cube World looks awesome.

TUG alpha should gear up in a week or two.

Also, for the minecrafters, I just started playing a sweet new modpack, Hexxit. Get it through the Technic Launcher. Not using Technic Launcher? You should be!

For the video gamers, Cube World went up for sale (still alpha, pay to dev model). Then the site promptly imploded. You can register now, but the store is still down. This is important info because Cube World looks awesome.

TUG alpha should gear up in a week or two.

Also, for the minecrafters, I just started playing a sweet new modpack, Hexxit. Get it through the Technic Launcher. Not using Technic Launcher? You should be!

Not familiar with Cube World or TUG, I'll have to go check them out.

I use McMyAdmin for my Minecraft server, I don't know if I can get Hexxit on it or not. I'll have to look into it. I just rebuilt the server as a(nother) bad Seagate Hard Drive took out my Windows Home Server. So I decided it was time to learn some linux and rebuilt it as an Ubuntu server with more RAM. Just loaded Minecraft on it a couple days ago.

• Like 1

Ok, I looked at Cube World. Want. It's like they knew if they told me I couldn't have it, I'd want it more. Now I have to wait for the store to come back online so I can overpay for an alpha release game. I guess when you put it that way it sounds... awesome! Look at the screenshots!

So apparently my cat didn't just pee in my toolbox. She also peed on an old pair of shoes and two rugs that were in my utility room. I found this out just before I went to bed yesterday. I locked the cat door that's installed in my utility room door and left my cat in there while I slept as punishment. Granted, my utility room is more like a pantry/garage/utility room combined into one space and is a large room, so it really isn't like I had her stuck in a closet or something. And it's where her food, water, and litter box are. She just doesn't like being locked in there because there's no windowsills or soft furniture for her to lay on. Probably didn't help that the room smelled very strongly of her own pee the whole time.

I threw the shoes and the smaller rug in the washing machine before I went to sleep, but I had to wash them a second time when I woke up because they still smelled like cat pee. I threw the larger rug out on my deck, where it will sit until next Monday when I'm home again and can take the hose and a carpet cleaner to it a couple times. Then I had to mop the floor of the utility room, which was a pain in the butt because it's made up of textured foam tiles that don't take to being dried very well. I probably didn't get it perfectly clean, but now the room smells of pine-sol with a hint of cat pee instead of just being overwhelming cat pee. When I get back on Monday I'm probably going to have to mop the floor again at least once. Maybe I'll be able to use my carpet cleaner on it, but I don't think it will work too well on the foam.

Sometimes I really hate my cat.