• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buglips*the*goblin

• ub3r_n3rd

• ShadowRaven

• Last Knight

Top Posters In This Topic

I kept myself company today.

If the NSA is bugging my house (and why not? I'm fascinating) - I'm sure it must have been an odd thing to listen to.

I was inventorying my Bones. Two Vampires, plus an assortment of others.

The assortment of extras was able to be done silently. The sorting into piles (well, different boxes) of Male, Female, and Monsters (okay, and also actual piles of "Chronoscope", "swarms", "sprues", and "dungeon dressings") was able to be done silently. It was downhill from there.

examples of my scintillating ramblings:

"Spiky guy... spiky guy.... pointypointy spiky guuuyyyyyy~."
"Juliette. Juliet. Where for art thou, Ju? You are pointing and tiny. Most girls are not pointing or tiny. There you are."

"Big fat badass with an axe... Badaxe... Badaxe? No, different Badaxe. Badaxe with the axe up. I need a Badaxe with an axe down...."

"I need that twisted wizard. I just saw him. He's right here in the middle of the box. I'll bet he moved. He's a twisty wiza- there he is."

"I'm looking for a ranger. With a bow. He absolutely must have a bow."

"Sultry paladin... sultry paladin. You are sultry, but you are not a paladin. Maybe you should think about that."

Some of the ways I remembered what I was looking for as I pawed through boxes were sound effects, rather than words. Like the dying scream in The Princess Bride. (Y'know the one. The one that echoes throughout the kingdom.) [No, I cannot make that sound, it just kept going through my head.] Though I'm sure I referred to one of the girls by "Whooosh." because of her hair.

• Like 12

(no continuity here, mwahaha!)

@Unruly - I'm very very sorry to hear about your misfortunes with your cat. I've never had any (cuz of allergies), but my husband has told me some horror stories. One of his cats was sick once all over an entire large shoebox of he and his brother's Magic the Gathering cards. The whole box was a total loss. They were not on speaking terms with that cat for a very long time. :/

Woo, hello fellow Minecrafters!! *wave* For some reason, it never occurred to me that my longtime love of Minecraft and my recent discovery of awesome mini painting might have other similar-type peoples (the grammar in that sentence is simply atrocious, but whatever). I recently finished a project that took me well over a year to complete: building a round swirly rainbow tower out of wool and glass and glowstone that stretched from bedrock all the way up to the top of the build ceiling. The fact that the build ceiling got significantly raised after I'd already started on it made it all the more challenging, lol! One of the other players called it the Bifrost tower, and the name stuck. ::):

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

Whatever paint additives/primer/sealer I need always goes missing. Not the paints. I have no trouble finding my paints, ATM. But if I want white primer, all I can find is black. If I want sealer, all I can find is flow improver.

• Like 1

I'm playing through The Last of Us. I realized that even at the age of 35, playing through a scenario where you're sneaking through a partially submerged basement that's dark, filled with spores, and possibly infected at 3 am with all the lights off and the surround sound jacked up is just setting myself up for a good scare.

In addition I think that Secret of the Silver Blades may have one of the best stories of any video game ever written. Just saying.

• Like 1

Whatever paint additives/primer/sealer I need always goes missing. Not the paints. I have no trouble finding my paints, ATM. But if I want white primer, all I can find is black. If I want sealer, all I can find is flow improver.

My hobby supplies weird-ism is accidentally buying multiples of the same paint. And it's always colors I don't need multiples of. At one point I had four full pots of Scorpion Green paint. I kept thinking it was out and I needed some... not sure what I thought I needed it for anyway. True story.

Edited by The Inner Geek
  • Like 2

I'm playing through The Last of Us. I realized that even at the age of 35, playing through a scenario where you're sneaking through a partially submerged basement that's dark, filled with spores, and possibly infected at 3 am with all the lights off and the surround sound jacked up is just setting myself up for a good scare.

Have you played Amnesia? That game is on point for creepy atmosphere.

It's going to be difficult keeping up with Show-Offs, and to a lesser extent WIPs for the next few months.

I didn't check Show-Off for ONE DAY and it's THREE PAGES longer. Yikes.

On second look...a page of it was our resident contest spammer :)

But still, I think the rise in activity will continue (and it's awesome, just tougher to keep up!).

• Like 1

A "pacifist male" is a contradiction in terms. Most self-described "pacifists" are not pacific; they simply assume false colors. When the wind changes, they hoist the Jolly Roger. -- Lazarus Long

• Like 3

Breaking randomness rules.

It's going to be difficult keeping up with Show-Offs, and to a lesser extent WIPs for the next few months.

I didn't check Show-Off for ONE DAY and it's THREE PAGES longer. Yikes.

I've been avoiding most show off and WIP because it makes me feel guilty. Also jealous.

I thought I felt a little left out by missing out on the kickstarter before... but seeing everyone all the Americans getting theirs and posting awesome pics of everything, it's kind of ridiculous how much I wish I had started mini painting a year ago, instead of 6 months ago. I wholly sympathize with everyone all the non-Americans waiting for their shipments to start - I'm waiting right alongside them. The sooner they get their bones, the sooner I can buy them at full price.

Although I really hope that you guys don't avoid the WIP/Show Off sections - you've got a lot of knowledge/talent/opinion that you could be sharing with the newbs like me.

a;ldkfal;[email protected]#@#~!~~~~!!!!!!

Sometimes it's very hard to remember that I do actually like to draw. Usually these times coincide when the art is important (in this case, a birthday gift for my best friend) and/or when I am ill.

I've already tossed two sketches and have been staring at the current one for hours trying to make it magically complete itself. It's very rare that art completes itself, so I don't know why I am wasting my time. :c

• Like 4

So I just made a self-saucing chocolate pudding

In a mug.

In less than 5 minutes.

Suffer at my ridiculous tongue pleasure.

Hrm... that sounds faintly wrong. But then I have easily made delicious self saucing chocolate pudding IN. A .MUG.

Suck it!

• Like 4