• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buglips*the*goblin

• ub3r_n3rd

• ShadowRaven

• Last Knight

Top Posters In This Topic

Breaking randomness rules.

It's going to be difficult keeping up with Show-Offs, and to a lesser extent WIPs for the next few months.

I didn't check Show-Off for ONE DAY and it's THREE PAGES longer. Yikes.

I've been avoiding most show off and WIP because it makes me feel guilty. Also jealous.

I thought I felt a little left out by missing out on the kickstarter before... but seeing everyone all the Americans getting theirs and posting awesome pics of everything, it's kind of ridiculous how much I wish I had started mini painting a year ago, instead of 6 months ago. I wholly sympathize with everyone all the non-Americans waiting for their shipments to start - I'm waiting right alongside them. The sooner they get their bones, the sooner I can buy them at full price.

Although I really hope that you guys don't avoid the WIP/Show Off sections - you've got a lot of knowledge/talent/opinion that you could be sharing with the newbs like me.

It'll pick up once I have something new to paint.

• Like 1

Foam is expensive. Getting foam for a custom case is even more expensive. When said custom case happens to be a huge, old, stripped-out hard sided video camera case, well...I think it might just be cheaper to buy some foam at our local hardware store and make our own inserts. :blink:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

I'm really bored at work tonight. I didn't get some paperwork that I was expecting to get, which means I won't get it until Monday at the earliest, which means that I'll be bored tomorrow night as well. It also means that when I do get the paperwork I was expecting to get, I'll be angry because I'll have to work twice as fast to finish it. And since it's recurring paperwork that I'm supposed to get once a week, I'll have a chance of having the next set of those papers come in either as I'm still finishing the first set or immediately after I finish.

Also, I started painting my Bones Black Orcs while I was house sitting at my mom's place. I'm liking the Stained Olive MSP HD for their skin color, but I'm such a terrible painter that I'm noticing so many spots I missed right after I finished all of their base coats. It's making me angry, because now when I go to touch things up, I'm screwing everything else around it up.

I've learned that me and thinned paints don't seem to work well together during my previous painting endeavors. So even for the "layering" phase I'm having a tendency to basically use the paint straight from the bottle. I know, sacrilege and all that. But it's working for me. I'm thinking that I just don't have the patience to do all sorts of layering and blending and all that. It'd probably be a smart move for me to pick up some quickshade dips or at least a few different colors of Minwax polyshades or something.

• Like 1

I am prepping to do my very first game as GM for not-tomorrow-today-Sunday but the 14th Sunday.

We are playing Golden Sky Stories.

The PCs may or may not be helping solve the disappearance of a little girl's teddy bear, who went MIA from the tea party when she went to go get water from the fountain for the tea.

I am hoping to really stress the Miyazaki feel for the game. Which is important as I normally play Monsterhearts and Dramasystem and other violent, dark, and disturbing games with the members of the group. All I need is for someone to forget what game we're playing and the little girl end up dead and hidden at a bottom of a well. (Though, I suppose if they did that, I could certainly roll with it and counter, but there will be sputtering and possibly a virtual table flip.)

• Like 2

So, I ended up getting somebody else's Kickstarter box as well as my own... Emailed The Reap-peeps about it, so I assume they sent him a new one (at least, I haven't heard anything back from them about it). His order was pretty much identical to mine except for adding in C'thulhu, but since I was planning to trade out or give away a good chunk of my Vampire set anyway, I really don't need a second set of everything.

Gonna have to email the guy and see if A) he got his order and B) if so, does he want to send me the money to ship him his original package as well... Minus a few bits and pieces of the Vamp box as a handling fee, of course, lol.

In other news...

God ate my television.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 2