• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buglips*the*goblin

• ub3r_n3rd

• ShadowRaven

• Last Knight

Top Posters In This Topic

Reaper is awesome. I just hope we never see a day where lots of people decide they think they're clever and abuse the customer service to try and scam free things.

As I recall, that's what killed AMT/ERTL's generous part replacement program.

There will always be a handful of foul beasties waiting to ruin things for everybody else.

• Like 5

Dragged myself awake and visited my new ship. Let them know I'm alive and exist so whomever I'm relieving can go, ascertained they don't need me until Monday at least, came home and crashed on the couch.

Saw some familiar faces, people I've sailed with in the past. That's always a good feeling (at least when they're people you don't mind seeing again, which these were). On the flip side, they're deploying soon... so not too much longer and I'll suddenly disappear from these forums as abruptly as I appeared, only to poke my head in weeks or months later as I can get WiFi access in bars and cafes somewhere in the Middle East.

...anyone wanna be penpals? ::D:

• Like 7

Buglips--Good on you for helping out the neighbor!! Too bad about all the snow and the uncooperative snowblower; I can't really offer any meaningful advice about that. My snow removal is still done the old fashioned way--slave labor. That's what teenaged sons are for.

OneBoot--I'm glad to hear that your grandma is continuing to improve! ::):

Last Knight--Sorry to hear about your illness, and the crappy treatment form your ship/coworkers. Hopefully your new one will be better!

Re: Christmas Music--I agree that's a shame that it starts getting airplay so far before the holiday that one is thoroughly disgusted with it by the time Christmas actually arrives. I find that Trans Siberian Orchestra and Mannheim Steamroller are still pretty cool to listen to throughout the rest of the winter, though.

Here's the Bah, humbug! moment though. I'm glad that the holiday season is almost over; it's been fairly horrid this year. A few weeks ago I made mention of the situation w/ my stepson. Well the intervening weeks have been relatively quiet and peaceful, with no mention of the subject---until this past Thursday when the boy asks us when he's moving out to Ohio. There's a real nice kick in the berries for ya! So, long story short, my wife and I are making the necessary arrangements to get him packed up and on his way.

Even though mine kinda sucked, I still hope that everyone else had/has/will have a good holiday season!

Flying squirrels with lightsabers!!

• Like 6

@LK - Sorry to hear that you'll be vanishing into the mysterious mists of real life for awhile, the boards will be a little less awesome while you're gone. Add me to the snail-mail list! I've never had a pen pal before. :D

@Chaoswolf - I'm really sorry to hear about how things have gone with your stepson, but I am glad that things calmed down for awhile. I wish for nothing but the best for all of you, and I do hope that things work out for the best. ::(:

In other news, the painted minis were received very very well by my family members! My dad was properly impressed by the eagle I gave him, even though it wasn't quite finished yet. What surprised me was the fact that nobody was at all phased by the fact that I paint "figurines" now. Like, at all. I expected it to be a big deal, so this is really nice that it wasn't. ^_^

In other other news, I'm literally surrounded by sweets and goodies and it's driving me slowly insane® not being able to eat any of it. :down:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 7

Put it in a blender. Unless the can't eat is due the inherent sweetness, in which case put some in the freezer till you can eat it. Sorry to hear about the tooth extraction.

ETA---Last Knight, do you just want letters or would small care packages be cool, too? If so, what would you want? Beef jerkey and assorted junk food, or crossword puzzles, or.....?

Or one big package where whoever's interested throw's in some random stuff?

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 3