• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buglips*the*goblin

• ub3r_n3rd

• ShadowRaven

• Last Knight

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized today that I have 12 days of reaper miniatures, the limited edition ones, that I have YET to touch. @[email protected] I actually loaded up some of my new work...then my phone died. I'm still pretty sick but I've gotten my focus back for painting, unfortunately some mini's that were my victims while I was feverish are promptly getting a bath because I'm positive that I was NOT in the right state of mind. @[email protected] I'll post one later so you can see what I mean.

• Like 6

I just realized today that I have 12 days of reaper miniatures, the limited edition ones, that I have YET to touch. @[email protected] I actually loaded up some of my new work...then my phone died. I'm still pretty sick but I've gotten my focus back for painting, unfortunately some mini's that were my victims while I was feverish are promptly getting a bath because I'm positive that I was NOT in the right state of mind. @[email protected] I'll post one later so you can see what I mean.

So not exactly the visual analogue of Samuel Taylor Coleridge's "Kubla Khan," I guess?

• Like 2

So not exactly the visual analogue of Samuel Taylor Coleridge's "Kubla Khan," I guess?

LOL! Pretty much!

In another part of the forum someone has mentioned 10 years ago as being the "old days" of mini collecting.

That made me feel old enough, but then I realized that it's been over 10 years since I got BACK into the mini hobby. Never mind my original days of collecting/painting/hoarding.

That makes me feel glacial. :down:

• Like 7

In another part of the forum someone has mentioned 10 years ago as being the "old days" of mini collecting.

That made me feel old enough, but then I realized that it's been over 10 years since I got BACK into the mini hobby. Never mind my original days of collecting/painting/hoarding.

That makes me feel glacial. :down:

I've been back for (counts on fingers) sixteen months.

I completely missed the "Old Days" of ten years ago.

I was collecting and painting from roughly 1980 to 1993.

I am palaeolithic. :poke:

• Like 8

What was it like to paint up hill both ways in the snow with only two colors?

I don't know. We never had two colors.

When I was starting there was only one color and it was black. And it was enamel. From Testors, in little glass bottles.

^_^

This explains the profusion of "stealth concept" model planes in the 80's...

• Like 5

I've been back for (counts on fingers) sixteen months.

I completely missed the "Old Days" of ten years ago.

I was collecting and painting from roughly 1980 to 1993.

I am palaeolithic. :poke:

I've been back longer than you, but our original dates in the hobby were pretty near identical. :B):

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 4

I collected 1993-1997, then came back in 2004. If we can find somebody who covers 1997-2004, then between Pingo, me, and them we have an unbroken line of continuity!

>raises hand<

Although, just to be clear, we're talking minis, right? I also collected pen and paper rpg's and beer mugs from ports all over the world during that time.

• Like 7