Randomness Challenge! Tangents Only Thread

Girot

Morning...bleeaargh!

Coffee mugs...nothing interesting, most of 'em are just black. Now BEER mugs, those I have a fairly interesting collection of. All of them 'acquired' from various ports around the world. I could probably open up my own bar and not have to pay anything for glassware.

That's until all the drunks break your nice beer mugs...

Wouldn't happen more than once. The stuffed head of that first offender hanging over the bar, as well as the story of how he came to be in that condition, would be more than enough to encourage folks to be careful.

• Like 1

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buglips*the*goblin

• ub3r_n3rd

• ShadowRaven

• Last Knight

Top Posters In This Topic

I go away to sleep and you people post 4 pages of randomness, sheesh! :lol:

As Red said, he was Cupid.

A very blonde, very 90s Cupid.

His first line in the series was (to Aphrodite), "Yo, mom. What up?"

(SWMBO is a huge Karl Urban fan.)

Red, are you watching Almost Human?

Oh yes, we are watching it. It's very good, especially their interactions. He's easily one of my favorite actors. He was also Black Hat in Priest, which still I'm hoping gets a sequel, and the suit in RED.

And I guess I should take down the Christmas decor since Christmas ended 4 days ago... *sad panda* (we also need a sad panda emote)

• Like 5

I'd like to get some work done tonight on my figures, didn't get a chance to sit down and work on them last night. Also need to plan out the modern base for the music inspired figure(s) challenge... Anyone have any good tutorials on the modern stuff for basing like buildings/cars/street lights/etc?

I ... uh, stippled some asphalt on this figure's base.

For cars, wouldn't Matchbox-type cars be about the right size?

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 3

I'd like to get some work done tonight on my figures, didn't get a chance to sit down and work on them last night. Also need to plan out the modern base for the music inspired figure(s) challenge... Anyone have any good tutorials on the modern stuff for basing like buildings/cars/street lights/etc?

I ... uh, stippled some asphalt on [url=http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48772-hasslefree-hfa021-dionneb/?p=703430]this figure's base.[/i]

I'll have to check and see what little cars I have at home and see if they are the right size. That asphalt technique is pretty neat, I may have to steal that from you too thanks :upside:

Oh yes, we are watching it. It's very good, especially their interactions. He's easily one of my favorite actors. He was also Black Hat in Priest, which still I'm hoping gets a sequel, and the suit in RED.

Oh, believe me, I know. As I said, SWMBO is a huge fan of his... I haven't seen everything he's been in, but it has to be pretty close by now.

You should look into Common Law, a buddy-cop dramedy with Michael Ealy (DoRiaN) that was sadly cancelled in its first season. I swear, he kept all of his character's mannerisms from that show and just rolled them into Almost Human...

...you might also want to check out The Price of Milk. Because it's absurd, nonsensical, and hilarious in its horribleness. Also, young Karl Urban.

• Like 1

Every time I see "SWMBO" I think "Swimbo". And then I try to imagine "Swimbo". And the only thing that comes to mind is this really super-friendly and laid-back surfer dude. He's always hanging out at the beach, and everybody likes him, and he's a real cool guy that's always a bro when you need him. And nobody knows exactly what it is he does, he's just Swimbo. A fixture. Always there looking for the next big wave and just living simply, giving helpful advice to everyone he meets.

• Like 8

Every time I see "SWMBO" I think "Swimbo". And then I try to imagine "Swimbo". And the only thing that comes to mind is this really super-friendly and laid-back surfer dude. He's always hanging out at the beach, and everybody likes him, and he's a real cool guy that's always a bro when you need him. And nobody knows exactly what it is he does, he's just Swimbo. A fixture. Always there looking for the next big wave and just living simply, giving helpful advice to everyone he meets.

Yes, exactly like that. Only not at all. ::D:

SWMBO is She Who Must Be Obeyed.

• Like 4

Oh, I know. It's just that now I've created this image of Swimbo in my head he's got a whole backstory and stuff now. Swimbo exists.

Totally unrelated: Relief is coming! The forecast from Sunday and the following days are warmish above-freezing temperatures. At last! That should help get rid of some of the incredibly high piles of snow, so there'll be room if we get more.

• Like 8

I ... uh, stippled some asphalt on [url=http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48772-hasslefree-hfa021-dionneb/?p=703430]this figure's base.[/i]

I'll have to check and see what little cars I have at home and see if they are the right size. That asphalt technique is pretty neat, I may have to steal that from you too thanks :upside:

You may want to take mini with you and wander through the local toy store. Bones would be great for this as it isn't gonna get damaged riding around in your pocket.

Matchbox cars are closer to 1/87 scale (that's HO scale; really popular model train scale). You're going to want something more in the range of 1/43 to 1/56 scale. Those tend to match up to modern size 28mm figures pretty well.

• Like 2

Oh, I know. It's just that now I've created this image of Swimbo in my head he's got a whole backstory and stuff now. Swimbo exists.

Totally unrelated: Relief is coming! The forecast from Sunday and the following days are warmish above-freezing temperatures. At last! That should help get rid of some of the incredibly high piles of snow, so there'll be room if we get more.

I'm sure you meant when we get more, didn't you? ::P:

• Like 2

I'm sure you meant when we get more, didn't you? ::P:

Hard to say. It could turn out that the early snowmaggedon means the rest of winter is fairly mild. Normally there's little snow building up into Feb/March and then godless amounts of it back to back. Could be that this year we got the reverse.

I would like that. I want to paint minis again, and that's hard to do when I have to shovel or my rickety old body is recovering from shovelling.

• Like 2

looking for an good fighter name and I found this list on mst3k. (space mutiny)

• Beat PunchBeef
  • Big, Brave Brick of Meat
  • Big McLargeHuge
  • Blast HardCheese
  • Blast ThickNeck
  • Bob Johnson
  • Bold BigFlank
  • Bulk VanderHuge
  • Brick HardMeat
  • Buck PlankChest
  • Buff DrinkLots
  • Buff HardBack