• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buglips*the*goblin

• ub3r_n3rd

• ShadowRaven

• Last Knight

Top Posters In This Topic

I only get grumpy if these types of things take away all the free time I had for mini painting that day. Then I get really angry... and you wouldn't like to see me angry... My pants turn purple.

It's a good thing Bugs isn't the same way... I guess his legs would turn purple and that'd be a sign of a serious condition in a human, but maybe it'd be normal for a goblin?

• Like 2

Howdy all! Good day so far. Some light training at work, a couple of games of cribbage and an early day. Works for me. Now I'm just catching up on the boards.

LK- enjoy your painting time. It's been a while since I was in Deck div, but I used to like painting the sub. When the weather was nice that is. Painting in a New England winter kinda sucks.

All interested in obtaining submarines- Don't have one I can give to you (they don't usually fall of the back of a truck), but if you ever end up out this way I can probably arrange a tour of some sort.

I'd almost be willing to make a drive specifically for that. Given my hatred of all things oceanic it's a bit surprising that I have a fixation with subs. I got to tour the USS Drum in Mobile a few years back, and it was amazing.

• Like 3

RE: painting 1:1 scale ships, I actually used to enjoy painting when I was in the Navy, I used to look at it as a break from my usual job(fixing electronics). Not a whole lot of brainpower required to slap some Deck grey on the deck, some Machinery grey on the machinery and some Haze Grey on everything else, or whoever didn't get out of my way fast enough.

• Like 8

I do prefer cold personally... which makes it funny where I've ended up.

...you aren't from Australia originally? Or did you mean what state (state? Province? Territory? Emirate? Barony?) you live in?

Lol, I was born in Australia, spent early childhood there, then went and spent 12 years in NZ when my folks went back home (they are NZ'ers). About 4 years ago moved back to Australia for job reasons (and had a heat stroke first thing).

I love NZ's climate... its just the job market there is nothing like the job market in Australia.

right, Unless you are an extra in a Peter Jackson film, a tour guide, or a sheep, NZ doesn't have much in the way of job opportunites does it?

I totally want to be a sheep. Do you need schooling for that?

• Like 8