• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buglips*the*goblin

• ub3r_n3rd

• ShadowRaven

• Last Knight

Top Posters In This Topic

My first playthrough on Skyrim I went full on wood elf ninja archer. Then I got dawnguard, and crossbows. crossbows are much much slower than a regular bow, but they do so much more damage, especially with exploding bolts. Sneak attacking vampire lords is one thing. One shot killing dragons....oh yes, you can do that. By the time I quit that character, I could have probably one shot killed any of the daedric lords if I wanted.

• Like 4

Well that was no fun at all.

I've just spent the last three or so hours bailing ice water out of the back steps of our basement.

Apparently the polar vortex, unbeknownst to us, froze our outside basement stairs drain. This did not become apparent until this evening's rain and melt of the massive pileup of snow we got last weekend.

Fortunately nothing in the basement got very wet as we caught it just as it was spilling over the sill. Ugh. It was still a good six or seven inches of water outside, and many bucketfuls were hauled up the steps and dumped down the driveway before it was safe to open the door and start dumping it down the inside drain. Our neighbor took pity on us and helped bail.

The rain has passed, but the snow is still melting. I anticipate some need for bucket attention in the night.

• Like 1

According to Steam, I have 270 hours into Skyrim. Not the 479 hours I have in Civ V, but respectable ... or deranged. It can be so hard to know the difference. ^_^

I never played beyond the original Civilization. I didn't really think that I should. You see, I'm rather a tyrant. And not one of those gentle tyrants that oppress people, and maybe do a few bad things. No, no, no. I'm worse than all of them combined.

I was playing as the Indians once. Which meant I was Gandhi. I was a terrible Gandhi, and I got into this little world war against Russia, Greece, China, Egypt, and some Zulus. And the war was going okayish because my communist scientists had learned me up some tanks and other fun stuff. Like rockets and atomic bombs. I built a few, you know, for a rainy day.

Suddenly I get an alert. It seems some of my citizens fooled themselves into believing they had some right to protest or such nonsense. Ha! As if those digital plebians knew anything about running a vast imperial war machine. Anyhoo, enough of them got upset that Delhi went up in revolt. As my capital city, and by far most populous, I was rather incensed that these ingrates would rise up against me - after me giving them that nice cathedral, too.

So I decided that this set a bad example for my other cities, and must be dealt with posthaste. So... I nuked them.

ALL of them.

I nuked millions of my own people just because they had the temerity to protest against my grotesque and malevolent rule.

And I'd do it again.

• Like 12

Sorry to hear about the bailing needed Pingo.

My parents basement was built on a spring, so a sump pump is necessary. Pre and post pump I've done a lot of bailing of my own.

Hope all your things stay dry, and you do not strain your back, or have to spend too much time on these activities going forward.

• Like 2

Darsc, I would recommend not downloading the updates; my mom has Skyrim on PS3, and hasn't experienced any difficulties that she's mentioned. Her PS3 isn't connected to the internet (that I know of), so she never downloaded the various patches.

Thanks. Mines not connected either.

Darsc, I would recommend not downloading the updates; my mom has Skyrim on PS3, and hasn't experienced any difficulties that she's mentioned. Her PS3 isn't connected to the internet (that I know of), so she never downloaded the various patches.

Thanks. Mines not connected either.

Best of luck.

Good news. I called the guy who does work on our house (hoping he could come around tomorrow morning) and he sent someone out in the middle of the night to fix it.

Not only has he cleared our drain of a six-inch plug of ice using boiling water and some truly terrifying power tools, but he is also fixing it so that the indoor drain has a direct path from any water that makes it over the door sill.

• Like 12

According to Steam, I have 270 hours into Skyrim. Not the 479 hours I have in Civ V, but respectable ... or deranged. It can be so hard to know the difference. ^_^

I never played beyond the original Civilization. I didn't really think that I should. You see, I'm rather a tyrant. And not one of those gentle tyrants that oppress people, and maybe do a few bad things. No, no, no. I'm worse than all of them combined.

I was playing as the Indians once. Which meant I was Gandhi. I was a terrible Gandhi, and I got into this little world war against Russia, Greece, China, Egypt, and some Zulus. And the war was going okayish because my communist scientists had learned me up some tanks and other fun stuff. Like rockets and atomic bombs. I built a few, you know, for a rainy day.

Suddenly I get an alert. It seems some of my citizens fooled themselves into believing they had some right to protest or such nonsense. Ha! As if those digital plebians knew anything about running a vast imperial war machine. Anyhoo, enough of them got upset that Delhi went up in revolt. As my capital city, and by far most populous, I was rather incensed that these ingrates would rise up against me - after me giving them that nice cathedral, too.

So I decided that this set a bad example for my other cities, and must be dealt with posthaste. So... I nuked them.

ALL of them.

I nuked millions of my own people just because they had the temerity to protest against my grotesque and malevolent rule.

And I'd do it again.

Is it weird that it feels weird to me that anyone would refer to the original Civilization as a video game?

... Says someone who has played and still owns the 1982 Avalon Hill boardgame.

• Like 8

My Advanced Civ made the cut when I was liquidating some of my collection to fit the combined stuff into my husband's condo. With Sid Miejer about to put out an Civilization game... I was thinking the price of Advanced civ might come down, much like it did when Fantasy flight redid Britannia.

However, I very very much regret it. And one day, I will re-purchase the glory... but that day will be very far in the future.

Advanced Civ is a crock pot game. You put on the crock pot, start up the football games in the background, Or other mindless entertainment that won't captivate the player whose turn it is currently, and sit back and have some fun... for the next 16-23 hours.

Pingo, I could see us getting along quite well in RL. If we should ever meet. ::D:

Or maybe we wouldn't because you passed me that calamity on the second turn. :lol:

• Like 3