Sign in to follow this  
Girot

Randomness Challenge! Tangents Only Thread

it's a cat. of course it's not the food he was looking for. Even when they catch their own food, they are never really happy with it.

• Like 2

I caught the cat rolling around in the bathtub making evil faces with her tail poofed up. When I reached in she pounced and boxed with my hand before nibbling on it. Then she gave me the crazy eyes.

I asked what was up, and she gave me a weird staccato vocalization.

Which I can only assume means: "The first rule of Fight Tub is that you don't talk about Fight Tub."

• Like 16

it's a cat. of course it's not the food he was looking for. Even when they catch their own food, they are never really happy with it.

I wonder if this has anything to do with that.

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 1

I wondered why cats were crazy for fats. Turns out it's the only energy-dense foodstuff they can discern.

Well, fats do carry more calories per gram than either sugars or proteins, so at least it's efficient.

I wonder if this has anything to do with that.

Huh, my cats are always very interested in my chocolate. Maybe it's cause it's of the savory flavours in chocolate... and my chocolate is usually dark.

Spending my snow day attempting to acclimatize the dog to a new harness so that he can take a cell phone upstairs to where the family is still sleeping, so I can call the one I prefer to talk with instead of yelling from downstairs and waking the ones I don't want to talk with.

I should clarify the dog is really a cat, and the harness is not his friend, and I am not supposed to yell because of the concussion, probably shouldn't be wrestling with the dog (cat) either...

and I want fried pickles.

• Like 3

I caught the cat rolling around in the bathtub making evil faces with her tail poofed up. When I reached in she pounced and boxed with my hand before nibbling on it. Then she gave me the crazy eyes.

I asked what was up, and she gave me a weird staccato vocalization.

Which I can only assume means: "The first rule of Fight Tub is that you don't talk about Fight Tub."

She may have been hitting on you... like some sort of Stockholm Syndrome or something...

Spending my snow day attempting to acclimatize the dog to a new harness so that he can take a cell phone upstairs to where the family is still sleeping, so I can call the one I prefer to talk with instead of yelling from downstairs and waking the ones I don't want to talk with.

I should clarify the dog is really a cat, and the harness is not his friend, and I am not supposed to yell because of the concussion, probably shouldn't be wrestling with the dog (cat) either...

and I want fried pickles.

I suppose they also want you to "take it easy" and "get lots of rest".  Doesn't usually work out that well for moms, honestly.  Hope you're feeling better soon!

• Like 2

Slooooow day here, just want to get home so I can paint today. 2h 20m to go...

Do you have colored pens/pencils/makers/crayons? You could doodle pictures of your minis, and plan out your paint schemes while you wait!

No and I'm not much of an artist in that sense anyhow. On slow days I read the forum and go check out different website for tutorials and drool over the amazing figures painted up by the people over at paint and putty.

• Like 1

So when I was a kid I'd safety pin about any long cloth item around my neck and be pretty sure I was superman with a cape. At some point I was given a long black sheet and I cut it into a rather large Batman cape. One day I was going to go in the house to get a drink (or whatever I did when I was about 8) and for no good reason I pinned my black cape to the tree in the front yard. A little while later when I came back outside, there were about 100 crows in my front yard all milling about and looking at the 'cape'. I don't know if they thought it was some sort of crow messiah, or just liked the look of it, but the image has stuck in my head all the years since.

All hail the Crow Messiah! 

I know the crows at work reconize me because they always caw at me when I walk by. They've even been known to follow me around. Kind of creepy.

Birds of a feather?

Ha-ha. I usually try to chase them away when they get in my way. I also had to deal with a pair of them when their young fell off the top of a building but hadn't quite figured out the whole 'flying' thing.

I wonder if President Obama is in town. There have been an unusual number of helicopters over the neighborhood today.

According to this he is in Maryland [?]: http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2014/02/03/obama-schedule-tuesday-february-4-2014/

Huh. Now I feel like a conspiracy nut. I wonder what the helicopters were for, then. We don't usually get them except for the nearby hospital's emergency one, and that one's pretty distinctive.

Ah well, life in the futuropolis.

(City or no, we had a whole family of Cooper's Hawks just west of our house last summer.)

Could be something like a police chase and the driver and/or passengers bailed out to duck the cops. This doesn't work very well once the helicopter is already tailing the suspect vehicle. Or, maybe there was a big wreck on the highway and all the news channels sent the 'copters out to look it over.

Also, "Get to the choppa!" as Arnie would say.

Irony = Washing down vitamins with a can of soda.  :B):

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I do this far too much for my own good... But, I need caffiene in the mornings and hate coffee...

• Like 3